New Job Manager, Psi Oversight In Alberta
|Manager, PSI Oversight|
Manager, PSI Oversight
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $6,125–$8,243 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 36902
Ministry: Advanced Education
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: January 23, 2023
Classification: Management Manager Zone 2
The Government of Alberta is committed to a diverse and inclusive public service that reflects the population we serve to best meet the needs of Albertans. Consider joining a team where diversity, inclusion and innovation are valued and supported.
Ministry of Advanced Education
Advanced Education supports Albertans by providing the education and training opportunities they need to prepare for the workforce. This is accomplished by: approving programs of study; funding public post-secondary institutions and other adult learning providers; providing financial aid for learners; registering and certifying apprentices; and, supporting academic research and innovation.
Programs and services are driven by 3 outcomes: (1) Adult learning opportunities are accessible and affordable for all Albertans; (2) High-quality education, skills development and research make a positive contribution to Alberta’s economy, society, culture and environment; and, (3) The adult learning system is accountable and coordinated.
Do you enjoy managing a high-functioning team and engaging with stakeholders? As the Manager, PSI Oversight, you will lead key accountability initiatives for the department, delivery of grant management and operations, and performance management for post-secondary institutions (PSIs) in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Director, PSI Oversight and Accountability, you will be providing a variety of leadership functions to enhance oversight of PSIs and grant management at Advanced Education.
The Manager role handles the following responsibilities:
- Work directly with PSIs to support the negotiation of performance and transparency metrics of Investment Management Agreements, a key departmental priority.
- Collaborate with internal and external colleagues to support development of new metrics and compile metric data for baseline or reporting reasons.
- Lead a small team to deliver program management of funding for French language programming at PSIs, interprovincial agreements, and grant agreement financial processes for most grants in the department (e.g. grant amendments, payment processing, etc).
- Ensure grant accountability by working with staff to coordinate the development of process documents and manuals, presentations, and grant application and reporting templates. Develop opportunities to revise grant management practices for greater consistency and efficiency.
- Interact with the Office of the Auditor General to provide evidence of sound grant management practices.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, briefing notes and respond to action requests.
- Support and participate in strategic and operational planning activities for the unit.
University graduation in a field related to the position assignment, supplemented by three years related experience. Related experience or education may be considered as an equivalency on a one for one basis.
- Project management experience, including working on multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge of grant management policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of approaches for stakeholder communications and program management
- Ability to quickly adapt and change work priorities at short notice in a high pressure environment
- Proficiency in prioritizing and task planning to meet tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of the Post-Secondary Learning Act
- Knowledge of Advanced Education Ministry legislation and regulations related to grant management
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel
- CPA Designation (Completed or In progress) (Not required)
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
In this role, you will contribute to our team by demonstrating the following behavioral competencies:
- Agility - You will possess an ability to create an adaptable environment and overcome barriers through proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Creative Problem Solving - You will facilitate the creation of a work environment for generating and finding newer ideas to solve existing and potential problems.
- Develop Networks - You develop and sustain a network of relationships across the division and with other GOA ministries on issues and work with other branches to develop effective communication channels to enhance and maximize the effectiveness of interactions.
- Building Collaborative Work Environments - · You will lead cross functional collaboration and initiate strategic communication systems to anticipate and address potential conflict and builds and atmosphere of genuine trust and teamwork
- Systems Thinking - You consider the impact of strategies and changes on the work of clients, stakeholders, and team members and support organization vision and goals through strategic planning of tasks and considering relationships between different work approaches and their impact on different programs, divisions and ministries
$3,062.51to $4,121.25 bi-weekly ($79,931 - $107,564 / year)
This position is based in Edmonton. We require you to attach a Cover Letter with your application explaining your qualification and suitability for this role
The final candidate for this position will be asked to undergo pre-employment checks (including a criminal record check).
What we offer:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Comprehensive benefits plan:
- Pension plan:
- Health Spending Account:
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Tetyana Adamyk at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check