New Job Manager, Primary Care Priorities In British Columbia
|Manager, Primary Care Priorities|
Manager, Primary Care Priorities
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $49.45–$71.09 an hour
Location : British Columbia
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Director, Primary Care Support, Medical and Academic Affairs (MAA) and working collaboratively with Island Health program leaders, and stakeholders from the Ministry of Health, the Doctors of BC, and other BC Health Authorities the Manager, Primary Care Priorities is responsible for leading priority initiatives relating to the delivery of medical services across Island Health, with a focus on advancing work outlined in the Physician Master Agreement and mandated by the Ministry of Health. The Manager will also work with leadership in Medical and Academic Affairs to improve business processes, and where required, lead the development of relevant policies and procedures.
Travel may be a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Vancouver Island Health Authority in accordance with the service assignment and may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree with seven (7) years of recent related experience at a senior level working within a complex public or private sector environment and experience in project and change management. Healthcare clinical background preferred.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated project management success and the successful completion of one large strategic project within the last three years.
- Intermediate to expert-level system planning implementation skills.
- Proven ability to track, coordinate and integrate external issues as they affect project plans.
- Proven ability to write, analyse and edit project plans, proposals, Service Level Agreements, MOU's for accuracy and consistency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to write or edit high quality business documents (e.g. project charters, master project plans, risk management plans, communication plans, progress reports, project wrap-up documentation)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability of providing leadership to a diverse project team and interact comfortably with senior personnel in the organization.
- Excellent engagement, presentation, interviewing, facilitating, change management and negotiating skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the role.