New Job Manager, Communications - 12 Month Contract Halifax, Ns In Nova Scotia
|Manager, Communications - 12 Month Contract Halifax, NS|
Manager, Communications - 12 Month Contract Halifax, NS
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Requisition ID: 170475
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Atlantic Customer Contact Centre in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manage the development and multi-channel delivery of internal communication solutions that support the strategies of Scotiabank, Operations, and the Customer Contact Centres by: o Leading the development, management and maintenance of communication channels for the ACCC and researching, developing and introducing new mechanisms and channels while rationalizing obsolete mechanisms.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with senior leaders across the business line to ensure open communication and flow of information to support strategic communications.
- Maintaining and overseeing employee communications for consistency and clarity prior to distribution to the target audience through any of the following methods: email, broadcast televisions, visual materials, multimedia or direct conversation.
- Writing and developing presentations, newsletter content and templates for distribution to ACCC employees and stakeholders.
- Working closely with Senior Leadership team to develop high-quality employee communications that support the strategic direction of the business and effectively promote and motivate staff.
- Maintaining working knowledge of the day-to-day operation of the Contact Centre in order to effectively communicate with all levels of staff to ensure the successful communication and implementation of change initiatives within the ACCC.
- Reviewing bank-produced marketing publications, executive communications, product launches and operational/procedural changes to determine if a site level communication initiative may be required.
- Providing advice and direction to stakeholders on communication strategies where required.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve operational effectiveness and influence change within the Centre and/or Business Line.
- Ensuring that communication channels, both upward and downward, are open by proactively soliciting feedback from staff regarding communication methods.
- Executes and implements innovative employee engagement strategies to drive employee and customer satisfaction by:
- Identifying and executing unique employee focused initiatives with the goal of positively impacting employee satisfaction.
- Developing, managing and maintaining motivational reward and recognition programs designed to support site achievement of key KPIs and enhance employee satisfaction.
- Leading the sites community engagement strategy through effective management of the Scotiabank Team Community Program, development and execution of all internal fundraising campaigns and coordination of volunteer efforts.
- Developing plans and leading the execution of the site’s annual Best of the Best celebration while ensuring expenditures remain aligned with fiscal budget.
- Support the development and sustainment of a vibrant Scotiabank Live presence for ACCC employees by: o Leading the development, management, and maintenance of the site’s main communication channel, CCC Live Halifax.
- Developing effective communication strategies to drive platform engagement, improve user adoption and increase brand awareness of the Contact Centres on Scotiabank Live.
- Creating and maintaining “best practices” and other supporting communications documents for all ACCC employees.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of communications assistant.
- Actively participate in meetings with front-line leaders, senior leaders and CCC National Communications.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the Contact Centre and with various business lines and corporate functions to better support the business and promote the Contact Centre brand.
- Manage the day-to-day production of special events, leadership off-sites, employee engagement events and strategic planning activities to support the Atlantic Customer Contact Centre leadership team as required.
- Contribute to the profitability of the overall Contact Centre’s established financial objectives and targets through the identification and solicitation of cost-effective solutions and/or savings within the realm of communications.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment, communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- A university degree or relevant experience in communications, journalism, English, or marketing is required.
- Must be highly creative with exceptional writing ability and proven capability to deliver complex messages concisely.
- Flexible and willing to embrace change and to adapt strategies for the good of the organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsiveness and ability to prioritize based on the most critical communications needs of the department.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills to manage schedules, deadlines, and multiple concurrent projections within site and ongoing campaigns.
- Design and layout experience with Adobe Create Suite required.
- Proficient use of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
- Good understanding of social media platforms and their use in employee communications.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to build and manage relationships.
Location: Duke Street, Halifax, NS
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Nova Scotia : Dartmouth || Canada : Nova Scotia : Lower Sackville
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.