New Job Maintenance Planner In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 80 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Environmental Services, Maintenance
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL14
Market Start Rate*: $ 55.73
Market Permanent Rate*: $ 65.44 (Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment.)
Evaluated Start Rate**: $ 50.30
Evaluated Permanent Rate**: $ 59.25
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 05/02/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
- This position's pay rate has been adjusted to reflect current market conditions.
** All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for detailed maintenance planning as well as to ensure equipment capability and reliability to operations through the efficient application of the maintenance service program. The Maintenance Planner must take into consideration cost estimating and control functions in general as they seek to maximize the availability and useful life of operation equipment while achieving budgeted targets in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner. Poor judgement or errors may result in a negative impact on municipal operations, corporate image, and strategic direction.
Maximize resource productivity by identifying required parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals, and documentation.
- Prepare job plans with planned cost, including scheduling parts, materials, special tools, external services, and documentation.
- Prepare weekly work schedules, adjusting as required for any unplanned occurrences, for assigned maintenance area.
- Identify health and safety requirements as it pertains to work plan developed.
- Develop and create maintenance schedules and maintenance manuals for equipment and assets.
- Provide reports, data, expert analysis and advise on equipment and asset management performance.
- Participate in and perform failure analysis for unexpected equipment failures.
- Preparation of job plans to include the logical sequencing of associated tasks, taking into account multi-trade alignment.
- Complete site assessments in the field to plan proposed work.
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders to provide clarity surrounding equipment/facility downtime.
- Maintain bills of materials for all equipment.
- Maintain and continuously improve job plans and task lists.
- Support the content, updating, and maintenance of the computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure that tasks are completed within any applicable regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Identify upcoming work and provide input into budget preparation and projections as required.
- Order and track parts and materials.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Detailed and thorough knowledge of process equipment and control systems in an institutional or commercial setting.
- Solid understanding of maintenance planning and scheduling concepts.
- Knowledge of maintenance practices, performance measures, and scheduling tools and techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate mechanical/electrical, or process/facility maintenance acumen.
- Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently or within a team environment.
- Proven record of developing positive working relations across various business units and with external vendors and contractors.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel), computerized maintenance management systems (preferably SAP or similar), and materials management systems.
- Considerable knowledge of any applicable organizational policies and procedures, and the occupational health and safety regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently, responding to enquiries in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrable ability with general mathematics and numeracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to effectively schedule work in order to meet service demands.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy despite frequent interruptions or distractions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Certified journeyperson in the trade of Millwright, Plumber/Gasfitter B, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic/Gasfitter A, Carpenter, or Pipefitter.
- Minimum of five (5) years journeyperson experience and an additional two (2) years of related mechanical maintenance planning experience is required.
- Maintenance planning certificate such as (MMP) Maintenance Management Professional, (AMP) Asset Management Professional, (APM) Asset Planning and Management and (MPS) Maintenance Planning Specialist is an asset.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
- A valid Class five (5) Operator’s License is required as incumbent will be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use on a regular basis.
- Must be willing to work outside in all conditions.
- Immunizations are strongly recommended for work in unsanitary conditions.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, and complying with all policies, practices, and procedures. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.