New Job Lakecrest Independent School - Head Of School In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Lakecrest Independent School - Head of School|
Lakecrest Independent School - Head of School
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Founded in 1993, Lakecrest Independent School is located in the historic and culturally rich City of St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We are an intimate school community united by a passion for excellence in learning and teaching. We offer small class sizes for Kindergarten to Grade 9 (approximately 165 students). Lakecrest has accreditation from the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS). Lakecrest is an authorized IB World School and is the only school in Newfoundland and Labrador offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program.
Head of School Profile
Lakecrest is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and experienced educator to lead our school to the next phase of development. The Head of School will provide vision and inspiration to ensure the highest quality of teaching, learning, and educational experiences for our students. The Head of School will demonstrate a proven ability to lead with a strategic approach in addition to providing a strong interest in advancing the development of the IB and CAIS accreditation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education and a Master’s degree in Education
- Understanding/experience of the diversity of a K-12 learning environment
- Proven success in both teaching and administrative/management positions in an educational environment
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and reporting, scheduling, and school operations
- Excellent communicator with faculty, staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders to achieve the school mission and to support the school community
- Passion for building and maintaining strong team environments
- Successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada. Please see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp.
- Successful candidate must hold or successfully obtain certification to be eligible to teach in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Please see: http://www.ed.gov.nl.ca/edu/faq/teachercert.html.
- Experience in (or strong knowledge of) commitment to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program, and/or experience in a Montessori educational environment
- Experience working in private school and/or an international school setting
- Experience with IB and/or CAIS accreditation processes
- Experience with building enrollment in a private school setting
- Please note that this position will start on July, 2023.
When applying please include a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should clearly outline how you meet the essential and asset qualifications as well include a statement describing your management and educational philosophy.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidential. Thank you in advance for your interest, only qualified candidates will be contracted.