New Job Kitchen Staff – 2023 Summer Ministry Team In Yukon
|Kitchen Staff – 2023 Summer Ministry Team|
Kitchen Staff – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $13.50–$14.00 an hour
Location : Yukon
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Assist in the efficient running of the camp kitchen and dining room.
This is a fixed term position at 40 hours per week. There are three positions available.
Start Date: July 3, 2023
End Date: August 25, 2023
- Assist the cook in food preparation
- Set up tables and chairs neatly
- Serve meals and snacks efficiently and courteously
- Waste removal
- Operate dishwasher
- Wash dishes and pots when necessary
- Wash tables, chairs and floors as assigned
- Sweep kitchen, pantry and serving areas as assigned
- Attend all staff devotions (unless excused by the DCYS’)
- Ensure living accommodations is kept clean and tidy
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Food Safe certification
- Be flexible and have a good disposition
- Encourage spiritual growth
- Work within the total camp program and cooperate with other staff members
- Be loyal to the aims, policies and regulations of the camp
- Maintain a responsible level of maturity and leadership
- Be familiar with Summer Staff Handbook, and all procedures and resources
- Perform any task beyond those assigned as required.
- All Staff are required to be in their private quarters by 11:00 pm each night
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.