New Job Journeyman Electrician (Nova Scotia) In Nova Scotia
|Journeyman Electrician (Nova Scotia)|
Journeyman Electrician (Nova Scotia)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Why you should join the GP JOULE team:
GP JOULE PV Canada Corp. North America is a subsidiary of Goldbeck Solar GmbH, a diversified renewable project developer and Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) service provider headquartered in Germany with offices across Europe, the US, and Canada. The North American team is focused on solar project co-development as well as full turnkey EPC services. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with satellite offices in Calgary, Alberta, and Halifax, Nova Scotia and we specialize in ground mount and rooftop solar photovoltaic installations for both commercial and utility-scale projects.
As a growing international private company, we value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. We look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join us! We are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint.
GP JOULE is currently seeking a Journeyman Electrician based out of our Nova Scotia location.
Solar electricians are responsible for installing and maintaining solar panels. They work with a variety of different equipment, including inverters, batteries, and other components that help convert sunlight into usable energy.
Solar electricians must have an understanding of electrical systems in order to properly install and maintain these systems. They may also be required to hold specific licenses or certifications depending on the jurisdiction where they’re working.
You will use your expertise to:
- Installing solar panel arrays in commercial settings, including on roofs, walls, and ground mounts
- Connecting electrical components such as inverters, batteries, and charge controllers to ensure that they operate properly
- Installing wiring and other electrical components in new construction projects, including commercial buildings, industrial facilities, and residential homes
- Meeting with clients to discuss project goals and requirements
- Installing photovoltaic (PV) systems in residential and commercial settings, including rooftop systems and stand-alone systems
- Installing electrical wiring and equipment, such as transformers and switchgear, to support solar power systems
- Installing and maintaining solar power generation equipment, such as photovoltaic panels, solar water heaters, solar pool heating systems, and solar hot water systems
- Installing batteries, battery boxes, and other battery components for solar power systems
- Installing wiring for solar energy systems in homes and businesses, including mounting solar panels, wiring panels to the main electrical box, connecting batteries or other energy storage devices to the system
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams, and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of the system, following installation, replacement, or repair.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
We would like to review your application if you have the following minimum qualifications:
- Journeyman Electrician
- 4+ years of construction experience
Where you will be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
The base hours of work are a regular 44-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs.
You may be expected to travel across Canada (Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Nova Scotia), and US (primarily Mid-West, North-East) from time to time as an engineering representative of the Company.
GP Joule also offers an exciting, faced paced working environment with a competitive base salary based on experience. Along with a comprehensive benefits package and vacation allotments.