New Job Invasive Plant Technician In British Columbia
|Invasive Plant Technician|
Invasive Plant Technician
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Cranbrook BC V1C 3H8
Phone: (250) 489-2791 or 1-888-478-7335
Invasive Plant Technician
Seasonal – April 1st to October 31, 2023
The RDEK is recruiting for an Invasive Plant Technician. Under the supervision of the Recreation & Control Services Supervisor (RCSS), the Invasive Plant (IP) Technician performs a variety of activities related to the delivery of the RDEK IP Control Program. This position also assists with park operations and maintenance in the shoulder seasons and as needed throughout the summer. The nature of the work is such that the employee is in regular contact with the general public and has considerable independence of action in the disposition of routine work matters. This position is based out of the RDEK’s Cranbrook office.
- Two-year post-secondary certificate in Botany, Agrology, Biogeography, Geography or related education or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be in possession of or willing to obtain a Pesticide Applicators Licence.
- Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence.
- One year experience working in the field of invasive plant management and/or park maintenance.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interpret and implement RDEK and provincial regulations, bylaws, policies and procedures pertaining to IP control.
- Knowledge of the Weed Control Act and other relevant legislation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to deal courteously and tactfully with fellow employees, the public and other agencies.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily and to adhere to prescribed routines but be flexible.
- Ability to organize work schedules in order to meet deadlines and priorities.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of park landscaping equipment.
- Demonstrate significant amount of independent initiative and self-directedness.
- Work and operate equipment safely.
This is a seasonal, full-time (35 hours per week) Union position with a starting hourly rate of $36.63/hour and increases to $38.46/hour after successful completion of the 6 month probationary period.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter with references, in confidence, by 12:30 pm on February 1, 2023 to:
Ashley Venturato, Human Resources Manager
Email: [email protected] [MS Word format or PDF]
Please quote: 2023-06
Information on our organization and a copy of the complete job description is available on the RDEK website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers). We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Education : College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience : 1 year to less than 2 years