New Job Human Resources Assistant In Ontario
|Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $60,190–$70,812 a year
Location : Ontario
HAMILTON POLICE SERVICE
TOGETHER | STRONGER | SAFER
The Hamilton Police Service (HPS) provides policing to over 558,000 residents in the City of Hamilton. In 2018, HPS answered over 199,430 emergency calls for assistance from our community. We have over 1,240 employees in Sworn and Civilian roles. Our mission is to be a trusted partner in delivering public safety.
HAMILTON POLICE SERVICE (HPS)
CIVILIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title & No.: HR Assistant - JJR Job Code #148, PS Job Code #6380
Reports to: Manager, Talent & HR Systems
Job Location: Central Police Station, 155 KIng William Street, Hamilton, ON
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Salary: Schedule 5E – $60,190 - $70,812 per annum (As of January 1, 2022)
Updated: July 2022
Serving a population of 558,000 residents, the Hamilton Police Service has made a commitment to work in partnership with the community and continue to focus on providing public safety accountability and value to its citizens. With an authorized strength of over 1200 staff, the Hamilton Police Service is committed to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
Under the direction of the Manager of Talent & HR Systems, the HR Assistant is the first point of contact for all HR related inquiries. This position is responsible for tracking, maintaining and organizing employment related data, and for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Team.
- Maintain and update Personal information changes in PeopleSoft as reported from members.
- Maintain and track HPS HR and City HR and Payroll related forms and templates.
- Participate and support any HR related process reviews and projects, as requested.
- Maintain, track and prepare affidavits for taking Oaths for Service, Special Constable appointments for HPS and McMaster Security Service with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services; and Commission of Affidavits with the Ministry of the Attorney General for the Hamilton Police Service.
- Pull driving extracts and credit checks as requested. As Administrator of the Transunion Account, track and review the invoices and seek approval for monthly payment reconciliation.
- Respond to HR inquiries received into the HR Department.
- Maintain and complete all filing for member files in a secure room. Track, transfer and request files to/from off-site locations for storage as per the HPS retention policy.
- Assist with the administration of HR related events, OPC Exam and promotional proces.
Education: Successful completion of a three (3) year college diploma program in Human Resources or a post graduate diploma in Human Resources.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience in a Human Resources role.
- Practical working experience within a Human Resources Department is required.
- Experience using a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) in a Human Resources Position. (i.e. PeopleSoft)
Certificates/Licenses/Apprenticeships: Not applicable.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer, including advanced application of Microsoft Office related software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- General Human Resources knowledge.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and maintain accurate records and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide quality service, and effectively communicate and work with the public and HPS staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to learn and comply with established procedures, whilst also maintaining confidentiality and using tact and discretion as needed.
- Ability to interact with members of our diverse community in a helpful and knowledgeable manner, and work effectively as a member of the HR Team.
POSTING DEADLINE & INSTRUCTIONS
Applications (i.e. cover letter and resume – all one document) are to be submitted via PeopleSoft/MyHR before 4:00 pm on January 26, 2023.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for testing and/or an interview will be contacted. The Hamilton Police Service is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation for testing, interview, or employment purposes.
Vaccine Verification – As a condition of employment you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer prior to your start date. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the City of Hamilton