New Job House Manager In Ontario
Company : Town of Oakville
Salary : $19.29–$24.11 an hour
Location : Ontario
Open to all current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants
Applications for this position must be received at oakville.ca by no later than 11:59 pm on January 31, 2023.
This is a part-time opportunity, working various non-traditional hours including daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays, up to a maximum of 24 hours per week.
The Oakville Centre has a 497 seat raked theatre over 17 rows (stairs) and a 120 seat studio theatre.
This position reports to the Coordinator, Audience and Artist Services and the primary responsibility is to facilitate the operation of front line services to ensure quality customer service is provided and to oversee the safety of patrons during performances. The House Manager supervises all front-of-house staff and volunteers working an event and is the primary point of communication for patrons, artists and other internal areas of theatre during a performance.
- Supervise up to 15 front of house staff and volunteers.
- Provide staff and volunteers with direction and coordinate duties to ensure continuity, safety and quality customer service is delivered.
- Plan and prioritize critical path for each performance.
- Communicate closely with other theatre departments to ensure the performance runs smoothly from start to finish.
- Take initiative in resolving patron seating or ticketing issues during the event.
- Must be able to manage/multi task several responsibilities at once.
- Manage concession sales and service, inventory and reconciliation.
- Manage on behalf of touring artists, their merchandise sales, inventory and reconciliation.
- Ensure that the lobby, reception areas and audience spaces are prepared to receive the public.
- Complete nightly bank deposit from concessions and merchandise.
- Compile details of the event for review by senior staff.
- Provide both administrative and operational support to the Coordinator, Audience and Artist Services.
- Will be required to work non-traditional hours including daytime, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings.
- Have full knowledge and respond effectively to emergencies and evacuation procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Currently enrolled in or completion of college/university or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- 3 years of customer service experience in a busy environment, preferably in event planning.
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively deal with patrons, staff and volunteers.
- Basic computer skills. Preferred proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time and resources.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which will include daytime, evenings, holidays and weekend hours.
- Smart Serve Certificate and First Aid Certificate.
- Some heavy lifting is required.
- Successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, with vulnerable sector screening, dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.