New Job Home Coordinator In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,994–$6,182 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 37330
Ministry: Seniors, Community and Social Services
Location: Red Deer
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 38.75 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: February 10, 2023.
Classification: Subsidiary 06B1 3875 Rehabilitation 2
A successful society; is defined by its people and the opportunities available for them to fully and actively participate in all aspects of life and provide for themselves and/or their families. The Department of Seniors, Community and Social Services works to foster a society in which families are secure and resilient, individuals have safe, sustainable employment, vulnerable Albertans have the supports they require, and no one is left behind. You can be part of helping us make a difference!
The Department of Seniors, Community and Social Services leads income, employment, disabilities and community-based supports, family violence prevention, and family & community support services. To find out more about our work visit:
Michener Services requires a Home Coordinator responsible for supervision of cohorts of staff in group home settings. The Home Coordinator serves in a leadership role, guiding the day-to-day operations of homes in a 24/7 facility. This role is responsible for Michener residents and meeting their needs in all aspects of life. This position is responsible for supervision of home staff which includes establishing expectations, scheduling, training, mentoring, evaluating performance, and teamwork. The Home Coordinator will support a safe and healthy work environment that respects the diversity of staff and residents.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment, scheduling, training and supervision of large staff cohorts.
- Ensuring home operations adhere to policies and procedures and the Collective Agreement.
- Managing home finances, supplies and equipment.
- Collaborating with Guardians, professionals and other stakeholders to support Michener residents.
- Developing and achieving goals in resident’s individual service plans
- Responding to health emergencies on homes according to established processes.
- Compliance with all licensing requirements as per Alberta’s Supportive Independent Living Act.
- Working with a team of Home Coordinators to manage organizational staffing and resources as one direct operations site
- Home consolidation planning and coordination
- Providing leadership in key operational areas to support projects and priorities as needed
- Policy development
- After hours supervision on a rotational basis.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, procedures and licensing requirements.
- Emergency planning experience
- Experience servicing persons with developmental disabilities and complex needs; Restrictive Procedures; Accommodation Standards; PPIC Act; Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Understanding of the AUPE Collective agreement and application to sub 9 staff.
- Finance management skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Agility to respond to changing circumstances
- Change management experience
- Computer literacy skills
Please ensure your cover letter and resume highlights how your previous work experience is related to the qualifications and requirements for this position. Please clearly state the employment dates on your resume with the month and the year.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
Below is a list of the APS competencies to assist you:
- Drive for Results
- Develop Self and Others
- Build Collaborative Environments
- Develop Networks
- Systems Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
$2,497.09 to $3,090.93 bi-weekly: ($64,924 - $80,364.18/Year).
Special considerations: Please note that this is Permanent position. (Hours of 38.75 per week) The successful candidate(s) must be able to work all shifts including days, afternoons, awake overnights, and weekends called in on short notice.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening. Due to wait times to receive a completed Criminal Records Check (CRC) that includes Vulnerable Sector screening check, applicants that are invited for an interview are encouraged to request a completed CRC (level 1) that includes Vulnerable Sector screening check from their local RCMP/Police detachment prior to their interview. The CRC will only need to be provided upon request. A Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check must be on file for all current Government of Alberta Employees. If not, a new current criminal record check will need to be supplied. This position may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta, at equal or lower classification and salary.
What we offer:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant. Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Tips for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting contact Nadine Uwimana, Talent Acquisition Services Administrator at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check