New Job Heavy Duty Technician / Mechanic In Nunavut
|Heavy Duty Technician / Mechanic|
Heavy Duty Technician / Mechanic
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $65,000–$90,000 a year
Location : Nunavut
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
Nasittuq provides exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defence (DND).
WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE VACANCY FOR
HEAVY VEHICLE MECHANIC / HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
This position will be responsible for the maintenance of the heavy equipment and vehicles and will work 48 hours per week with two rotation options: a) 8x8 rotation (8 weeks on-site and 8 weeks on leave) or b) 8x4 rotation (8 weeks onsite / 4 weeks on leave). Work is carried out in a remote Arctic location with exposure to severe outdoor winter weather conditions.
- Maintain and service all vehicles and equipment for DND, Nasittuq and Government employee use
- Perform all first and second line repairs, inspections and preventative maintenance to all vehicles and equipment
- Performs as required on-site repair services
- Certified Motor Vehicle Mechanic & Truck and Coach Technician (310S & 310T), including Diesel endorsement
- OR Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic Off-Road Earth Moving Equipment (421A)
- 5+ years experience in maintaining and repairing vehicles and equipment
- Qualified to operate vehicles containing hazardous materials
- Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre- employment medical
- As over-nighting in Thule Greenland is a frequent requirement, must possess a valid passport
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required.
- The positions in Alert are Fly In/Fly out.
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment, woodworking shop,hobbies and clubs
- Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- 6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amounts
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- Permanent positions receive company pension plan payments
- Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process .
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$90,000.00 per year