New Job Group Benefits Representative I [Edmonton] In Alberta
|Group Benefits Representative I [Edmonton]|
Group Benefits Representative I [Edmonton]
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Group Benefits Representative I to join our growing team in Edmonton!
As a Group Benefits Rep I, you will be responsible for effective claims adjudication, investigation, and issue resolution for Group Health and Dental claims, while providing superior customer service for assigned groups based on our Client Service Agreements.
What you’ll do here:
- Knowledge of industry standards in order to educate members with respect to their benefits (i.e. Assistive Devices Program, Provincial Drug Benefit Plan, Canadian Life Health Insurance Association, etc.)
- Adjudicate claim based on policy/industry guidelines, and know how to explain payments, declines, etc.
- Investigate complex claims by referring to government programs, manuals, underwriter.
- Logged onto a busy phone queue while at the same time process Extended Health Care, Semi-Private Hospital and Dental claims.
- Make outbound calls to providers and members to assist in claim resolution.
- Identify when the system has paid a claim differently from how the policy dictates.
- Quality and quantity of work is monitored against set key performance indicators
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years’ experience in Group Benefit Claims or Administration is an asset
- Experience dealing with customers with the ability to exhibit patience and express sincere empathy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- College diploma or University degree preferred
- Superior organizational and computer skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused while handling multiple tasks at the same time.
- Advanced Alpha & numerical keyboarding skills with accuracy
- Be present and an active contributor to the team
- Proficient in English Verbal & Written and French is an asset
This posting closes on January 20, 2023 at 11:59pm.
What we offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
Flexible work arrangements
Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact, belairdirect, or Johnson Insurance, please apply for this role on Contact People.