New Job Grant Coordinator In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $34.07–$44.88 an hour
Location : Alberta
- Research various types of grants available and inform internal departments of possible opportunities.
- Compile necessary material for the application process through collaboration, evaluation, and other research methods.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand the current and future capital & operational needs of the organization
- Support the management of a portfolio of grant partnerships including establishing partner relationships and interacting regularly.
- Assess project applications and provide analysis and recommendations on projects.
- Prepare and compile all components of each grant application submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting agency requirements.
- Procure valuable data via web research, funder updates, referrals, and email.
- Summarizing and publishing grant information into a database and upkeep the storage of relevant documents.
- Verify key pieces of information with grant funders and generate insights for the team and their client base.
- This will require an excellent level of communication skills, good pitch delivery, and a solid understanding of the workings of the business.
- You must also be confident in your delivery and be able to adhere to follow-up timeframes and the organization of projects.
- Seek out key contacts for new grant programs via networking initiatives including phone calls, emails, referrals, and networking events.
- You will be liaising with grant funders on a weekly basis and completing updates and changes that are to be documented, published, and communicated to the team and our clients.
- Build working relationships with all grantors by reaching out via email, and phone/video calls.
- You will demonstrate and explain the benefits of a working partnership with grant providers and must be able to deliver core data on our successes.
- Documenting the grant processes is critical in supporting the growth of the company.
- You will be required to provide an initial roadmap to navigate the application process of new grant programs. As new relationships are built with grant funders, these contacts must be updated on the company’s CRM platform.
- Regular maintenance and cleanup of the CRM and grant processes are also required.
- Contribute to the documentation of program practices, internal tools, and resources.
- Provide regular input and ideas that will contribute to the continuous improvement of program processes.
- Gather program and/or project feedback and analyze information that will contribute to further developing grant methodology and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Sciences, Computing Science, or related discipline from a recognized academic institution.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit grants administration or grants management.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing funding programs with respect to regulations and guidelines.
- Experience in grants administration as a funding organization is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the public sector.
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and apply program guidelines.
- Ability to explain policies and procedures/rules and regulations in a clear and non-threatening manner.
- Knowledge of results-based management approaches is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to succinctly synthesize information and confidently make a recommendation.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and virtual meeting software; knowledge of grant management software is an asset.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will exhibit:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough in research, accurate in information reporting, and proactively probes grey areas. Ensures consistency in the information provided and maintains a checklist, schedule, calendar, etc. to ensure that small details are not overlooked.
- Curiosity - Asks questions and looks for data that helps to confirm information or identify discrepancies. Suggests remedies that meet the needs of the situation and those directly affected. Resolves problems and escalates issues appropriately
- Analytical Thinking - Collates and reports information. Investigates to define problems more accurately. Sorts information in order of importance. Identifies relationships and linkages between components. Identifies variable potential causes and effects. Solicits guidance to define criteria and assign values of importance and urgency. Escalates issues of an exceptional nature.
- Collaborate - Takes initiative to actively participate in team interactions, and ability to build effective relationships across multiple platforms – internal, regional, provincial, and federal.
35 hours per week, typically Monday - Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Band D - Salary range from $34.071 to $44.88 per hour
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 60 days of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit a cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page.
2. Applications will be reviewed, and short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive per job posting, we cannot answer job-specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.07-$44.88 per hour