New Job General Casual Pool Labourer - (Solid Waste) In Ontario
|General Casual Pool Labourer - (Solid Waste)|
General Casual Pool Labourer - (Solid Waste)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 6603
Department: Public Works Dept.
Service: Solid Waste Services
Employment Type: Multiple Casual Positions
Work Hours: Up to 40.00 /hours per week
Affiliation: CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
Salary Information: $17.566 per hour (2023 rates of pay)
Location: 2799 Swansea Crescent
City: Ottawa, ON
Job Category: Labourer Jobs
Application Close: 31/12/2023
The Public Works and Environmental Services Department is responsible for ensuring the City’s municipal infrastructure is properly operated and maintained, and for overseeing drinking water production and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, surface water management, and solid waste collection, processing and disposal.
You are responsible for providing complementary maintenance and labour support for Service Areas within Public Works and Environmental Services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of some secondary school (minimum Grade 10)
Up to 1 month of experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENCES
- General knowledge of City Services
- Proper lifting techniques
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Operation with the use of hand tools and power tools (jack hammers, tampers, levels, chainsaws push snow blower push mowers and grass trimmers)
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with management, other employees, and the general public
- Must be able to successfully complete a Back-fit Test
- Possess the physical capability to perform the ongoing duties of the position
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements
- Ability to communicate with the general public and staff
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Physical capacity to perform the duties of the position
- Displays initiative and willingness to contribute
- Effective team member
- Must be able to work different work schedules, including weekends and statutory holidays
- Work overtime as required
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Driver’s License Requirement: A valid Ontario unrestricted G class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.