New Job First Aid Attendant – 2023 Summer Ministry Team In Yukon
|First Aid Attendant – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
First Aid Attendant – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $18 an hour
Location : Yukon
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Care for the health needs of staff and campers.
This is a fixed term position at 40 hours per week. There is one position available.
Start Date: July 3, 2023
End Date: August 25, 2023
- Responsible for the operation of the camp hospital.
- Treat minor illnesses and injuries.
- Collect and ensure the regular administration of medications.
- Give opinions and insight into matters concerning health and safety and request the discontinuation of activities that may be detrimental to campers’ health (subject to communication with DCYS’).
- Report all cases requiring the services of a physician to the DCYS’.
- Be part of staff curfew enforcement - weeknight & weekend rotation.
- Keep accurate records, reporting as required.
- Stock and provide emergency first aid kits, instructing staff on their proper use.
- Be responsible for the safe storage of all medical supplies.
- Participate in camp clean-up at the end of each camp.
- Attend all staff devotions (unless excused by the DCYS’).
- Ensure living accommodations and the hospital are kept clean and tidy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Health care experience.
- First Aid.
- Be aware of and comply with health standards of the Saskatchewan Camping Association, Canadian Camping Association and other provincial and federal standards.
- Be flexible and have a good disposition.
- Work within the total camp program and cooperate with other staff members.
- Maintain a responsible level of maturity and leadership.
- Be familiar with Summer Staff Manual, and all procedures and resources.
- Be loyal to the aims, policies, and regulations of the camp.
- Encourage spiritual growth.
- Perform any task beyond those assigned as required.
- All Staff are required to be in their private quarters by 11:00 pm each night.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.