New Job Finance Officer In Nunavut
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $86,457–$98,134 a year
Location : Nunavut
This employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit who reside in Pangnirtung only.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Finance Officer is responsible for providing accounting services such as accounts payable, reports, and other assigned administration duties, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), applicable legislation, policies, procedures and collective agreements to ensure quality financial and client services, in accordance with the financial and service goals of the Government of Nunavut. Finance Officers impact the quality of assigned accounting services provided for the assigned Department(s). This impacts timely and correct payments to employees and suppliers
The Finance Officer duties and responsibilities are: but not limited to: drafting, recommending and implement approved operational procedures; the implementation of verification and processes; exercises defined delegated authorities in accordance with Financial Administration Act (FAA); determines appropriate accounts, applies coding and verifies sufficient funds; provides updates to the Manager and makes recommendations on methods for handling accounting, financial and administrative issues; conducts analyses and summarizes results; assesses and challenges documentation submitted by assigned program clients; participates on assigned working groups and attends various meetings on financial issues; overseeing controllable assets inventory; provides other assigned services, including program support, travel arrangements, office supplies and financial form control and purchasing. Including orienting new employees, coaching them to continually maximize performance.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized diploma in a related field, plus two (2) years of relevant finance experience in a computerized environment. Experience in providing advisory services to clients is also required for this position. This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktut, English and French. Applicants may submit their resume in any of the official languages of Nunavut. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages would be considered an asset. Knowledge of Inuit communities, culture, land, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit, Inuktut and experience working in a northern cross-cultural environment are also considered assets.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Department of Human Resources (Igloolik)
Government of Nunavut
P.O. Box 239
Igloolik, Nunavut X0A 0L0
Toll free: 1-800-682-9033
Email: [email protected]