New Job Finance Coordinator In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $44.20–$59.09 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Finance Coordinator supporting Fleet & Inventory, you will be a key liaison who provides strategic financial expertise and support to operational business units, external partners, and Corporate Finance. You will interpret financial policies, processes, and client needs with varying financial understanding. Primary duties include:
- Communicate regularly with the business unit to provide financial analysis, professional judgment, process review, policy interpretation, and associated recommendations.
- Respond to a large volume and variety of client requests with competing deadlines.
- Facilitate, relate and interpret Corporate Finance direction to operational business unit.
- Review and evaluate financial processes and statements to ensure compliance with professional accounting standards, contractual, legislative obligations and corporate financial reporting requirements.
- Assist with operating and capital budgets including preparation, perform ongoing analysis and review, adjustments, forecasting and advising.
- Assist with streamlining and developing new processes to address changes in the business needs.
- Prepare and review financial statements.
- Support re-alignment work as required.
- Prepare and collaborate with Operating and Capital groups within business units to forecast spend rates, analyze variances, and effectively manage the challenges associated with an ever changing environment where new processes and systems are being implemented.
- Respond to Financial Reporting queries from Corporate Financial Reporting and external auditors.
- Provide advice, guidance, training and coaching to Senior Financial Accountants, Senior Process Accountants and Capital Accountants to ensure smooth workflow and process.
A degree combined with a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation and at least 5 years of related progressive financial experience.
Previous experience with PeopleSoft Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM) and Human Capital Management (HCM) is considered an asset.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and in data analytics is also an asset.
Strong communication skills and able to articulate complex subject matter.
Success in this position requires strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, innovation and an ability challenge the status quo and think of new ways of doing things, political sensitivity and the ability to collaborate with multiple partners.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Finance
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 800 Macleod Trail SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 12 $44.20 - 59.09 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: January 20, 2023
Job ID #: 306826