New Job Environmental Services Worker In Northwest Territories
|Environmental Services Worker|
Environmental Services Worker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
This job opening is limited to residents living within 25 kilometres of Norman Wells, NT.
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
The incumbent works as part of a team of Environmental Services Workers and is responsible for the cleaning and infection control of the long-term care rooms, isolation rooms, palliative care suite, specialty areas, all administration offices and boardrooms, assigned staff accommodation and snow clearing of facility entrances. The facility and tasks may be routine, and the position may receive little recognition from patients and staff. The job holder must be available to work shifts as assigned, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
The incumbent is responsible to handle and clean all laundry and linens for the facility in accordance with the NTHSSA and Sahtu Region policies and procedures, Accreditation Canada Standards, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and other applicable standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of methods, standards and procedures for cleaning a health facility to ensure infection control and a safe and hygienic environment.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures, infection control procedures, chain of infection and quality assurance and accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of methods, standards and procedures for handling and cleaning laundry and linens in a health facility to ensure infection control and a safe and hygienic environment.
- Knowledge of laundry procedures, infection control procedures, chain of infection and quality assurance and accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of cleaning compounds and materials.
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) as it applies to cleaning.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
- High School Diploma / Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12)
- Experience working directly within a Health Care Facility in a capacity of either housekeeping and/or laundry services is preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
2 MCKENZIE DRIVE
NORMAN WELLS NT X0E 0V0
Tel (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.