New Job Director, Strategy In Ontario
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 168653
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Scotiabank Enterprise Strategy group is a high-performing central team focused on driving the design, execution, and the ongoing management of Scotiabank’s strategic agenda. This includes supporting the CEO and Group Heads in the development, communication, and planning of the organization’s bank-wide strategy as well as business-line specific priorities.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy, the Director of Strategy will work closely with senior management, business line leads, and a diverse set of stakeholders to lead strategic projects, generate insights to deliver strategic recommendations, and support execution monitoring.
Strategy Projects and Executive Communications
- Support the CEO agenda, including all-bank strategy, business line value creation projects, strategic planning, Board-level communications, and being a trusted advisor to senior leaders
- Lead a broad range of strategy engagements, including market and growth strategies, function and capabilities reviews, and operating model design, among others. This involves managing large cross-functional teams across business lines with activities including research, issue identification, quantiative and qualitative analysis, and preparing / presenting compelling strategic recommendations to leadership
- Bridge silos and enable alignment across business lines and corporate functions
- Design and lead problem solving sessions, workshops, and interviews with cross-functional / business line working team members and subject matter experts
- Drive the execution and ongoing management of strategic planning with key business lines to ensure alignment with the Bank’s strategic plan
- Synthesize findings and present clear recommendations and implementation plans to ensure impactful project outcomes to senior leaders within the Bank
- Complete competitive / business environment research and benchmarking to determine emerging issues and trends, and analyze the impact / implications of those trends on various business line strategic plans
- Act as a strategic counsel and thought partner for senior executives – both within the context of strategy projects and on an ongoing basis
- Assist with organizing strategy offsites for senior management to facilitate ongoing discussions around All-Bank or business line strategies
Team Leadership and Stakeholder Management
- Contribute to building the strategy team, including recruiting, coaching, knowledge development, driving integration with rest of the Bank, and championing a customer-focused culture
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Champion a high-performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates top talent by fostering an inclusive work environment
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including senior leaders within the Bank to support the achievement of deliverables and overall objectives
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his / her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to, and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
Education / Experience / Other Information
- MBA, PhD or relevant post-graduate degree from a top school
- 3-4 year experience in a top-tier management consulting firm; banking industry expertise is highly recommended
- Able to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic business environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to manage ambiguity
- Superior interpersonal skills, leadership and influencing capabilities on a multi-cultural environment
- Self-motivated; ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams
- Experience running complex projects, with large group of cross-functional stakeholders
- Able to effectively manage relationships across the Bank, its partners, and external vendors
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and proven track record of managing and developing high-potential talent
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.