New Job Director, Income Assistance Service Delivery (North) In Saskatchewan
|Director, Income Assistance Service Delivery (North)|
Director, Income Assistance Service Delivery (North)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $8,531–$11,088 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
Do you want to contribute to achieving Government’s goals and building a better quality of life for Saskatchewan people? Are you interested in leading a strong team that provides strong service and outcomes to the clients we serve? Do you enjoy working in an innovative, fast-paced, and challenging work environment?
If this sounds exciting, then we have an opportunity for you!
The Ministry of Social Services is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to lead the Income Assistance Service Delivery team in Saskatoon and northern Saskatchewan. The Ministry is committed to working with Saskatchewan citizens to ensure they have a better quality of life. Income Assistance partners with clients to provide for their basic needs as they work to become self-sufficient to the best of their abilities. Income Assistance is focused on strong teams, strong services, and strong outcomes while partnering with clients to achieve their goals.
The Director, Income Assistance Service Delivery (North) is responsible for:
- leading a high performing team of professionals (approximately 100 staff);
- operationalizing service delivery practices, procedures and policies;
- applying change management strategies to ensure employee engagement and buy-in;
- ensuring client service standards are achieved and sustained;
- contributing to divisional strategic, operational, and tactical planning;
- addressing emerging trends and urgent issues;
- collaborating and partnering with community-based organizations and indigenous partners to support our shared clients; and
- represent the division on community and inter-ministerial committees.
The position will be located in Saskatoon, although other locations such as Prince Albert or North Battleford may be considered.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- have strong leadership skills that fosters team success and collaboration.
- be results-oriented with a proven track record in developing and maintaining professional relationships with senior managers, staff, and community stakeholders.
- have a thorough understanding of government planning and decision-making.
- demonstrate the ability to understand and respond to multiple and competing demands.
The successful candidate will have experience in human resource management, budget development and management, planning and risk management, process management and improvement, and performance reporting. Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position are obtained through the completion of an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in social sciences, business, or public policy. However, the ministry understands that people can develop skills through a variety of learning environments and situations and is open to considering all candidates who can clearly demonstrate how their learning and experience meets our criteria.