New Job Director, Digital Collaboration (Designated) In Nova Scotia
|Director, Digital Collaboration (Designated)|
Director, Digital Collaboration (Designated)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $8,369–$10,461 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union - NSPG
Closing Date: 1/20/2023 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Please note, this opportunity is designated to the following diversity groups: African Nova Scotian and Other Racially Visible and /or Indigenous Persons. Please ensure you self-identify to be considered for this opportunity.
African Nova Scotian- is any Nova Scotian who chooses to declare African ancestry, regardless of how long they have lived here and regardless of how much African ancestry they can declare.
Indigenous Peoples - persons who identify themselves as First Nation (Status and non-Status), Métis, or Inuit.
Racially Visible Persons - persons, other than Aboriginal people or African Nova Scotians, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour.
Who We Are
The Nova Scotia Digital Service (NSDS), a division of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services (SNS-IS), is a team within government, and we are putting people first. We are called a digital service for a reason – because we are helping government work the way that people expect things to work these days.
Our team is large, diverse, and passionate about making a difference in peoples’ lives. We believe in user-centered iterative digital service design, and practice internet-era ways of working. Working at the NSDS means you will be a part of a team whose work makes a difference through designing, continuously improving and delivering the programs and services people need, alongside caring, compassionate, highly-skilled people.
At the NSDS, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate a supportive culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging!
The people who use government programs and services come from all walks of life. It is important that the NSDS reflects the people we serve – so we can deliver better, and more accessible, and inclusive public services. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
Who You Are
You are a servant leader who has strategic leadership experience with a track record of delivery. You are passionate about people’s experiences and want to make people’s lives better. You’re curious, and your humbleness helps you learn and grow. You love to collaborate across roles and organizations, and you can create a path forward from uncertainty. You are comfortable inspiring others with your communication skills whether they be senior leaders or technical teams.
You share our values of Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Accountability & The Public Good, have a passion for service excellence and actively promote and encourage the importance of people, teams, diversity and culture.
Your Role & Its Impact
As the Director, Digital Collaboration you will be responsible for:
- Leading and mentoring a dynamic team of individuals who are seeking creative ways to elevate the delivery of technology to meet user needs
- Leading the delivery, development and continual service improvement of the Province’s Microsoft 365, Identity Credential and Access Management and Enterprise Content Management services
- Developing and implementing the strategic direction and roadmap for these services
- Bringing high-quality technical capability into government and healthcare to drive the transformation that enables next generation digital public services, and high-quality working environments for public servants.
How You Can Make an Impact
- Build collaborative high performing teams and develop team capability and upskill them to deliver human centered, secure, digital public services.
- Empower the team to use internet-era ways of working, keep a strong focus on delivery priorities, be accountable for delivery, and act swiftly to respond to changing requirements.
- Building and leading a digital culture of change and innovation within NSDS and create opportunities for the teams in pursuing excellence in service & delivery.
- Form and grow relationships to build trust and collaboration between partners, colleagues, internal/external Partners.
- Providing strategic leadership and advocacy in the delivery of internet-era, user-centered services.
- Being a trusted executive advisor to clients and provide business-specific expertise and consultative services in the development and execution of innovative strategy.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Working collaboratively with other leaders and stakeholders across government to continuously identify spaces where the team can add value to clients, understand their needs to develop and deliver excellent user-centered products/services.
- Seek constructive outcomes in discussions, challenge assumptions but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress.
- Ensuring the team works collaboratively across government to understand the need of the client to develop and deliver excellent user-centered products/services.
- Being responsible for the financial position of the service, department, and wider government context, promoting and visibly demonstrating a culture of ‘value for money’.
- Ensuring the division is allocating financial resources and deploying human resources strategically.
What You Bring To The Table
Your ability to:
- Coach, inspire and educate colleagues about the opportunities of digital products
- Build collaborative high performing teams that can apply and scale internet-era and client centric ways of working
- Develop team capability and upskilling them to deliver client- centered, solution-based products
- Exhibit political acumen in managing and communicating with multiple stakeholders and partners
Your experience in:
- Forming and growing relationships to build trust and collaboration between partners, colleagues, internal/external Partners.
- Building collaborative high performing teams and developing team capability and upskilling them to deliver human centered, secure, digital public services.
- User centered product development and management approaches to ensure client satisfaction and simple experience.
- Working in a complex multi-dimensional organization with varied need for technology solutions.
- Internet-era practices, and the ability to effectively engage with multidisciplinary teams to achieve business/policy outcomes.
- Developing strategies for effective need identification and translation into the required product solution.
- Contract management and negotiation, effective partnership management.
- Effective budget management and human resource allocation.
We recognize that everyone brings different skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. We encourage you to apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to fundamentally reshape the way programs and services are delivered for an ambitious, complex organisation that serves nearly a million people and positively impact the lives of Nova Scotians.
- A position that comes with significant responsibility and opportunity to make an impact, interact regularly with senior officials and shape the future of the province.
- The freedom and significant opportunity to shape a team and supplier ecosystem.
- A close-knit, collaborative team of digital leaders and an engaging workplace where our employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in.
- Forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless career paths and resources to develop yourself.
- Department specific flexible working schedules, to support your life at and outside work.
The Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
Please note the following:
- While this position is based in Halifax, travel throughout the province will be required periodically.
Pay Grade: EC 14
Salary Range: $4,184.42 - $5,230.52 Bi-Weekly
Current government employees may access this posting through the link below:
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].