New Job Digital Coordinator In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $64,464–$85,952 a year
Location : Ontario
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 01/22/2023
The City of Mississauga has an opportunity for a Digital Coordinator to join our Digital Team. Reporting to the Supervisor of Web Content and Operations in the Digital Strategy and Experience team. The successful applicant will work collaboratively to create, edit, and publish user-focused content to the City’s official website. You will help maintain user experience guidelines and accessibility standards, and help people across the City to meet the needs of citizens by providing advice and creative solutions.
About the Team
The Digital Strategy and Experience Team is working with people across our organization to make the City's online services and information simpler, clearer and faster for citizens and businesses. We're all about focusing on the customer, designing with evidence, and measuring our results. We work collaboratively and iteratively, so you'll be expected to work with our entire team, on many or all of our projects, sometimes on short notice. That means working with developers, designers, subject matter experts, and senior management - anyone we need to, to help us produce world-class online services.
As a Digital Coordinator you are a motivated team player who has a passion for the digital space. You are detail oriented and organized, with diverse skills that can be applied for a variety of digital platforms and channels.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the digital team, the successful candidate will support the development of user-focused content for online projects. You will help plan, organize, and publish standards-compliant content for websites and other digital channels.
You’ll need to:
- Collaborate with team members to coordinate the activation of new online content, and schedule removal of old pages
- Organize and publish online content, and maintain corporate standards and procedures related to web writing, content management, and style guides
- Circulate content for approval, and ensure it adheres to standards
- Create analytics reports and analyze user data as required to assist in customer-centric decision making, and measuring campaign performance
- Support digital staff in user testing for content and layout to recommend ongoing user experience improvements
- Assist in collecting and defining requirements for digital products based on user feedback
- Collect and provide data and analytics to help address quality content and user experience
- Create and adhere to work back schedules, coordinate stakeholder meetings, create accurate agendas and minutes for key meetings
- Liaise with internal and external resources for campaign scheduling, approvals, copy and graphical assets, product requests, edits, translations, etc.
- Support digital publisher training and the development of standard operating procedures
- Provide support as required for existing programs and digital channels including websites and emails
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree or diploma in digital communications related education plus two years related experience is required
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated knowledge of standards to optimize content for target audiences, accessibility, search, and web standards
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates your passion and ability to design and write great content for the web in plain English
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to organize and condense complex topics into simplified language
- Strong experience using WordPress
- Use of Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience with digital publishing tools including content management systems and Microsoft SharePoint
- Basic knowledge of HTML as it related to content structure.
We also would like you to have:
- Understanding of information architecture and user experience testing
- Experience gathering and analyzing website metrics
- Some hands on front-end web experience, with a focus on user-experience design
- Understanding of web accessibility requirements
This position is a hybrid work arrangement (some work from home and some work in the office as needed).
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 64,464.00 - $ 85,952.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Hybrid (work from home), and in person at Civic Center
Department/Division/Section: CMO/City Manager's Office , CMO/Strategic Communications&Initiatives , Digital Strategy & Experience
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.