New Job Customer Service Representative, Information Services (Clerk 3) In Nova Scotia
|Customer Service Representative, Information Services (Clerk 3)|
Customer Service Representative, Information Services (Clerk 3)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $3,254–$3,640 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 2/10/2023 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Putting yourself in the shoes of customers, understanding their needs and creating a good first impression are important elements in delivering excellent customer service. We all know the power of first impressions. How people perceive us during the first few seconds of an encounter has a major influence on whether they will trust us or want to do business with us. To create a positive first impression, we need to provide our clients with an exceptional interaction.
At Service Nova Scotia, we impact every citizen, business and municipality in Nova Scotia. We conduct over five million client interactions each year through the various programs and services we deliver on behalf of government. We continuously strive to make our programs and services more responsive to the needs and expectations of Nova Scotians.
Do you care genuinely about delivering excellent customer service? Do you have strong communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy assisting customers in resolving technical issues? If you have answered yes to these questions, we would love to talk to you!
About Our Opportunity
As a Customer Service Representative, Information Services, you provide effective front-line customer service as you respond to walk-in customers and inquiries.
Some of the primary accountabilities in this role include:
- Providing assistance, direction and information to the general public and internal customers through the detailed explanation and interpretation of policies and legislative requirements pertinent to the business.
- You will be responsible for cash handling and will focus on optimizing service within the public sector.
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this position, you possess a minimum of four years of related experience in a front-line, fast-paced service delivery environment or an acceptable equivalent. In addition, you possess:
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a front-line customer service environment;
- Self-confidence to make appropriate decisions in work situations;
- The ability to analyze problems and organize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software;
- The ability to perform multiple tasks in a confident manner;
- The desire to deliver exceptional customer service, and to work cooperatively in a team environment;
- Excellent judgment, tact, as well as the ability to treat information confidentially.
Cash handling and program knowledge of Registry of Motor Vehicles, Residential Tenancies, Debtor Assistance, and Registry of Joint Stocks would be considered definite assets. Bilingual ability in French and English would also be considered an asset.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
Must be available to work during all hours of operation; evening work may be required.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: CL 18
Salary Range: $1,626.82 - $1,820.19 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].