|Customer Information Specialist - Temporary Position|
Customer Information Specialist - Temporary Position
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $35.37–$41.61 an hour
Location : Ontario
Employment Status: Temporary Part-time until September 17, 2023 (CUPE 5348)
Hours: 20 hours per week with ability to work all shifts (days, evenings, and weekends)
Location: Woodside branch
Do you have a passion for knowledge and excellent customer service skills? Oakville Public Library has seven library branches that are dedicated to serving the diverse community of Oakville. In this role, you’ll support the public, collection and library operations within a branch to provide services that strive to Inspire Oakville.
What you'll do
As a Customer Information Specialist you will:
- Provide great customer service to all customers, adhering to AODA’s customer service standard, which includes but is not limited to assistance with circulation of materials and account information
- Conduct in-depth reference and readers’ advisory services to the public
- Prepare and conduct programs, participate in outreach opportunities and create & maintain relationships with external groups
- Accurately interpret library policies during customer interaction
- Assist customers in accessing online and print information using all technologies, including mobile devices and 3D printing
- Support and promote self-service technology and provide technical support to customers
- Assist with collection maintenance and promote library collections
- Understand and promote OPL resources, programs and services
- Develop new skills and participate in professional development opportunities
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, other relevant health and safety legislation, and the OPL’s Health & Safety Program
- Perform other duties as assigned
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Use extensive knowledge of print and online resources to support reference and readers’ advisory services for customers of all ages
- Apply expertise in technology, along with an understanding of the critical and evolving role of technology, to assist customers of all ages
- Prepare and conduct instructional programs, presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Perform work requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- Exercise good judgment and decision making skills
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a busy environment
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Respond effectively to change
- Be aware of new and emerging trends in library services and programs
Your experience and educational background:
- Master in Library and Information Science (MLIS) or undergraduate degree with Library and Information Technician diploma or equivalent degree program in library and information studies
- A minimum of two (2) years of related library work experience
- Experience with an integrated library system
- Working knowledge of 3D printers, RFID, and Microsoft Office
Who are we?
Oakville Public Library strives to fulfill our mission of cultivating discovery and creativity in every phase of life. We are focused on exceptional customer service to meet the needs of the children, youth, adults, and seniors utilizing our physical or online services. We continue to be agile in our mandate to meet the needs of the residents of Oakville.
What's it like to work at Oakville Public Library?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, we commit to providing access to tangible resources and programs that inspire, encourage, and provoke thought for the residents of Oakville.
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.opl.on.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on January 13, 2023.
The Oakville Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) within our recruitment process upon request. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
A Security Clearance Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required for all employees and volunteers of the Oakville Public Library. Successful applicants must submit the Security Checks (dated within the last six months) prior to or on the first day of employment.
The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of full vaccination in accordance with the OPL’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Procedure. Accommodation requests for new hires that are unable to get vaccinated against COVID-19 for reasons protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code must be made in writing to the Human Resources department.
The Oakville Public Library endeavours to provide a safe environment for all its employees. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.