New Job Coordinator 1, Recreation In Yukon
|Coordinator 1, Recreation|
Coordinator 1, Recreation
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: January 19, 2023 at 0500 p.m. Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Recreation Coordinator 1
Job Code: 236
The incumbent provides professional and administrative support in developing, coordinating, delivering and evaluating recreation programs, activities, services and special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, research, plan, develop, schedule, deliver, implement, promote, organize and evaluate a variety of diversified programs, services and special events.
- Promote the benefits of recreation, special events, services and facilities utilizing various marketing strategies (website, publications, etc.).
- Provide guidance, orientation, coordination and scheduling to recreation program instructors, leaders, support workers, volunteers and staff as required.
- Liaise and collaborate with stakeholders including marketing initiatives, availability of space, equipment, materials, instructors, volunteers, support workers, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with various stakeholders.
- Perform administrative duties including conducting research, compiling statistics and preparing reports.
- Respond to or refer public inquiries, distribute information and provide customer service activities
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of internal and external committees to review and assess community needs for program development and administration.
- Participate in "Service Leader" roster.
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards
- Other related duties.
This description contains the elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Majority of work is performed under public recreation setting environment with some exposure to noisy conditions and bodily fluids. Hours of work between 0600 and 0100 hours, Sunday to Saturday. Evening and weekend work is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 year post-secondary education in Recreation & Leisure services.
- 2 years progressive and 6 months on the job training.
- Standard First Aid and CPR to level C.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) (8 hours).
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector check.
- Good organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Good written and oral communication skills to develop communication materials.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Class 5 Drivers’ License
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Vehicle, first aid equipment and general office equipment including computer skills to operate software programs related to ERP system, spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail, PowerPoint, etc.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-government/employment/how-to-apply/. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.