New Job Continuing Care Assistant In Nova Scotia
|Continuing Care Assistant|
Continuing Care Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $21.47–$23.27 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Job Title: Continuing Care Assistant
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2023
Closing Date: Jan 18, 2023
Work Location: Inverary Manor
Number of Positions: 3
We are searching for a Continuing Care Assistant to join our team at the Inverary Manor in Inverness, Nova Scotia.
What we offer:
- Hourly wage range: $21.47-$23.27 plus shift and weekend premiums
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible upon hire for part-time and full-time staff) including travel insurance and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vacation accrual
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- A $1,000 retention bonus in return for a 2-year commitment (paid upon completion of probationary period)
- May be eligible for up to $5,000 relocation costs reimbursement
About the Job
- Assists residents with personal care and activities of daily living, such as: bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, meals, and mobilizing according to the work assignment;
- Collaborates with the resident and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Resident Care Plan;
- Plans and/or assists in the planning and implementation of resident leisure activities on a daily basis;
- Performs cleaning duties after mealtimes and assists with light housekeeping duties in resident rooms;
- Performs delegated tasks as determined by scope of employment;
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding resident status and safety to RN/LPN Supervisor.
- You have a valid Continuing Care Certification (CCA) or equivalent and are registered with the Health Association of Nova Scotia CCA Registry;
- You can work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- You can provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening upon hire;
- You have experience working with the elderly in a seniors' living or long-term care environment;(considered an asset);
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care course is considered an asset;
- Experience in Palliative Care is considered an asset;
- A valid CPR & First Aid Certification is considered an asset.
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the authority of the Municipality of the County of Inverness. The Corporation is comprised of four (4) separate entities: two (2) Long Term Care Homes; Inverary Manor, (located in Inverness, NS) and Foyer Père Fiset (located in Cheticamp, NS) and two (2) Small Option Homes; Koster Huis (Mabou, NS) and Port Hood Small Options (Port Hood, NS).
Inverary Manor is a modern 71 bed long-term care facility located along Cape Breton's musical coast, in Inverness, NS. This state-of-the-art facility is divided into six households, each with common living areas and kitchens, as well as private rooms and bathrooms. The Manor is linked to the Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital. With its cozy communal spaces, airy, attractive interior, and warm supportive staff, Inverary Manor offers a Resident Centred Culture that appeals to employees who derive meaning from creating a home-like atmosphere and enhancing quality of life for the residents they serve.
Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by January 18, 2023.
The Inverary Manor values diversity in our workplace and we welcome all applicants. Only those who selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19