New Job Co-Op, Audit Services In Nova Scotia
|Co-op, Audit Services|
Co-op, Audit Services
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Co-op Student, Audit Services
Emera Inc. is hiring for the position of, Audit Services Co-op for the Summer 2023 term (May 2023 – August 2023) with our Audit Services team.
This 15-week work term will enable you to gain an appreciation of the full recruitment cycle, the importance of inclusive processes, and providing a superb customer experience.
What you’ll do:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Attending business process/control walkthrough meetings for various affiliates across the Emera group of companies
o Updating process narratives and flowcharts
o Completing control design assessments
· Assisting SR Auditor with business process controls testing for various business processes across the organizations ( ex: Account reconciliations, journal entry reviews, etc.)
o Completing control operating effectiveness tests
o Assisting SR Auditor and Management with control deficiencies identified through testing
Work term outcomes:
By the end of the work-term, the co-op student should:
· Have a better understanding of how processes across the organization work
· Exposure to different operating companies within Emera, and an understanding of how they conduct their business
· Understand organizational control environments and the role and importance of SOX.
· Be able to assess control designs and perform accompanying operational effectiveness testing
· Working in an internal audit team with other CPA’s and working towards qualifying hours as a future CPA.
Who you are:
- Excellent communications skills;
- Exceptional organization skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
Who we are:
Emera Inc., a North American Energy Leader, is one of Atlantic Canada’s largest publicly traded companies and is ranked one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Top Employer for Young People.
Across Emera, we know our success is driven by our strong & dedicated teams. We support our teams by developing the skills and attributes they need to become our leaders of tomorrow. We do this in a number of ways including on the job training, work experiences and mentorship opportunities. We are proud to offer hands-on work experience to post-secondary students through student opportunities across our operating companies. By offering more than 125 student employment opportunities each year.
To learn more about us, please visit; www.emera.com .
What we offer:
Facing the beautiful waterfront, you can find us located at 5151 Terminal Road in Downtown Halifax. We believe in caring for our employees and are proud to offer our students:
· Perks in the office; Free Coffee Machine, Specialty Teas, Sparkling Water Machine, Access to our onsite Gym, Rooftop Patio and Private Meeting rooms and Collaboration Spaces;
· Networking and Growth; Our Student “Buddy Program” and Social Committee offer students a way to connect with their peers with biweekly events like Keynote Speaker Series, (Virtual) Coffee Chats and Games;
· Comprehensive and Fun Onboarding Program including facilitated group orientation sessions for all students joining us each term, and a handy Student Handbook and Technology Guide.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you?
Then Apply Today! Here’s how:
· Apply no later than February 10, 2023. Late applications will not receive consideration;
· Click on the blue ‘APPLY NOW’ button in this job posting;
· Kindly add your cover letter, resume and transcript to the online form in one single file;
· If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to: [email protected] .
What we believe in:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Emera believes in always doing the right thing. This is reflected in our commitment to provide a fair and equal opportunity for all candidates when they compete for jobs. We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of the visible minority community, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through a series of questions in the online application process.
Occupational Health and Safety:
Safety is our top priority and we believe that our employees are the most important stakeholders. Therefore, we ask you to look out for your personal safety and that of your co-workers, by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations. As a student you will also get an opportunity to participate in Wellness weeks, Fitness challenges, and Mental Health workshops!
In accordance with Emera’s occupational health and safety program and the Emera Vaccine Program, subject to any approved accommodation, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, “fully vaccinated” means 14 days since having the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
Don’t forget to sign up for our customizable Job Alerts to stay up to date on any new opportunities across Emera.
Job Types: Internship, Apprenticeship