Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $23.86 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Our Parks, Recreation & Culture Department is looking for auxiliary/on-call Cashier/Receptionists to work at our various recreation facilities throughout Delta. The work involves the provision of assistance and information to the public regarding recreation programs, events, schedules, rentals and fees; processing registration for all recreation programs; receiving and processing payments and reconciling records. An incumbent will possess the ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public as well as perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Completion of Grade 12/equivalent, including or supplemented by commercial courses;
- Minimum 3 years cashier, clerical, or receptionist experience in an office environment;
- Must be flexible in your availability to work as needed for on-call shifts with short notice, including evenings and weekends;
- Excellent customer service experience, demonstrated through employment references;
- Working knowledge of computer applications related to the work performed (Microsoft Office 2007);
- Knowledge and experience with CLASS and POS systems is an asset;
- Typing Speed - minimum 45 wpm.
Candidates that are short-listed will be tested on their typing and computer proficiency.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $23.86 per hour + 12% in lieu of vacation, public holidays and benefits.
Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number #23-36 EX by March 31, 2021.
Protecting the health and safety of our community and employees remains our number one priority. The City of Delta is committed to taking every precaution reasonable in the circumstances to protect the health and safety of workers from the hazard of COVID-19. The City has implemented a vaccination policy for all employees.
All new employees with the City of Delta are required to provide proof of vaccination from COVID-19, as a condition of employment. The City of Delta will evaluate and accommodate employees who are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 either through medical or human rights exemptions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 3 years to less than 5 years