New Job Case Assistant - Out Of Home Care In Saskatchewan
|Case Assistant - Out of Home Care|
Case Assistant - Out of Home Care
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $24.11–$30.21 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Social Services invests in positive outcomes for people in areas of income support, child and family services, supports for persons with disabilities and affordable housing. We work with citizens as they build better lives for themselves through economic independence, strong families, and strong community organizations.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are devoted to helping others and improving the lives and wellbeing of children and families to join our team as a Case Assistant – Out of Home Care. This position is in located in our Prince Albert office; however, consideration will be given for the position to be in our Melfort or Nipawin office. In this role, you will provide a range of services designed to assess or provide support services for children and their caregivers using The Family Centered Case Management Model of practice.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for operational support to a Child and Caregiver Support unit. Under the direction of a Family Connections Supervisor, assisting with family finding assessments, planning and providing support services to the family, as required;
- Explore options for placing children and assist families to work through this process;
- Make referrals for services with caregivers and coordinate case conferences;
- Research case files and documenting background information to support case planning;
- Develop and maintain open and honest work relationships, encouraging teamwork with clients, foster families, biological families, collateral agencies, and other members of the unit or community; and
- Accompany case workers to caregiver or family homes to assist in assessing suitability and making recommendations to ensure the safety of children.
The Ideal Candidate
As our successful candidate, you will:
- Have a sincere commitment to invest in relationships and community, practicing from a place of connection;
- Demonstrate well-developed risk assessment, judgement and decision making skills; implementing stringent protocols and processes with information to Child and Family Program workers and supervisors;
- Have knowledge of multi-cultural beliefs and values, with a particular emphasis on First Nations and Métis; and
- Have strong knowledge of poverty, systemic and socio-economic issues and how they impact on people.
To qualify for this position, you will have a strong knowledge of human service related policies, practices and procedures. Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be obtained through a diploma or degree in a Human Service related field; and experience working in a human service setting.
The successful candidate will be required to travel extensively, work flexible hours in the evening and on weekends, and possibly transport children or parents as required. You must be legally eligible to operate a vehicle in Saskatchewan.
If you have a passion towards ensuring the safety and well-being of children and want to join a collaborative, dedicated team of professionals focused on strengthening our communities and cultures, these opportunities are for you!
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO’s) and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities
While the representation of Indigenous staff within the Ministry of Social Services has been prioritized, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. All candidate applications will be reviewed and only those requested to interview will be contacted.
Prince Albert -
Located in the heartland of lake country Saskatchewan, the City of Prince Albert is a vibrant and innovative municipality that prides itself on being a family focused community. Prince Albert is a recreational paradise that offers all the benefits of big city amenities including access to arts, entertainment and unique cultural experiences. The city is leading the way in creating an active, prosperous and healthy City of opportunity for our 36,000 residents. https://citypa.ca/
Nearly 6,000 residents enjoy most of the amenities of the big city, along with the safety and friendliness of a small town. Community organizations and service clubs, as well as many others community-minded citizens add greatly to the quality of life within the community.. http://www.cityofmelfort.ca/
Nipawin is a safe, friendly, optimistic and welcoming community that provides employment and business opportunities for future growth and development. There is a strong retail and service sector with good transportation connections. http://www.nipawin.com/