New Job Call Centre Supervisor In Alberta
|Call Centre Supervisor|
Call Centre Supervisor
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $29.42 an hour
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 37425
Ministry: Elections Alberta
Number of Vacancies: 4
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time, Part-Time Wage
Hours of Work: Up to 36.25 hours per week. Day, evening, and weekend shifts available.
Regular/Temporary: Temporary Wage
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: January 15, 2023, 11:59 PM MST
Classification: Subsidiary 02B 3625 Program Services 1E
Elections Alberta's mandate is to administer open, fair and impartial elections by providing stakeholders with the necessary information and means to participate in the democratic process. We also provide support to election officials to ensure impartial service delivery and serve in an advisory and regulatory role to achieve compliance in electoral finance activities.
Elections Alberta is an independent, non-partisan Office of the Legislative Assembly
Elections Alberta is currently seeking Call Centre Supervisors for the staffing and management of the 2023 Provincial General Election.
As a Call Centre Supervisor, you will supervise the work of 100+ call centre agents based out of Elections Alberta’s head office. You will assist in recruiting your team and you will be accountable for ensuring the quality and accuracy of services provided to the public by telephone and through written correspondence.
In addition to supervision, you will also be assisting the general public to register to vote by answering calls and recording their information, as well as answering any questions regarding the election, the voting process, and the various voting options.
- Supervising the daily operations of the provincial call centre by assisting in the selection of call centre agents, scheduling shifts and training sessions, providing ongoing training and coaching, monitoring performance, and managing timesheets.
- Ensuring efficient and effective front-line services to electors by monitoring calls and correspondence, maintaining response templates to assist agents in addressing frequent and emerging issues, speaking with the public to resolve escalated inquires, and maintaining records of critical inquiries and requests.
- Supporting the production and maintenance of accurate voter information and address registration data by monitoring call centre data entry, determining registration status and verifying voter information accuracy, resolving issues using electronic databases and other data sources, using mapping tools to determine where an address is located in the province, processing internal information requests, and performing data entry as needed.
- Performing other related duties as required.
This position requires the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Two-year diploma in a related field; no experience required; or directly related experience considered on the basis of one year of experience for one year of education.
- Experience with training, supervising, and coaching a team
- Excellent oral communication skills to communicate with team members, answer phone calls, and serve callers
- Ability to quickly intervene in issues of employee performance and provide appropriate coaching, training, mentoring, or discipline
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities; ability to quickly and accurately assess problems, recognize the significance of problems, and escalate them quickly, as appropriate
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm and flexible in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with evolving organizational needs
- Awareness of and attention to confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to accurately implement Elections Alberta policies and procedures
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work in Windows 11 and Microsoft Office
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new software applications and assist others in their use
- Willingness and ability to fulfil the requirement to act as a non-partisan representative of Elections Alberta.
- Call Centre experience, elections experience, and/or mapping experience are considered assets.
- Knowledge of electoral processes in Alberta is considered an asset.
- Ability to speak additional languages other than English is considered an asset.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Drive for Results
- Systems Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
$29.42 per hour plus 11.2% in lieu of annual vacation and holiday pay.
Call Centre Supervisors will be hired on a part-time basis in February and March to assist with hiring and Call Centre set-up. The Call Centre will be operational for a ten-week period from March 27 - May 29, 2023. Training will be scheduled during the week of March 20, 2023.
Please indicate which days and hours you are available to work. Daytime, evening, and weekend shifts are available. Flexible scheduling is available. Full-time and part-time work schedules are available.
The Call Centre hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday 8:15 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
How To Apply
To move forward in this opportunity, your application must include a cover letter that clearly outlines how your education and previous work experience relates to the qualifications and requirements for this position.
Online applications are preferred. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the job ID to: Elections Alberta, Human Resources, Suite 100, 11510 Kingsway NW, Edmonton, AB, T5G 2Y5, by email: [email protected], or fax: 780-422-2900.
For individuals who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada, it is recommended that you obtain an evaluation of your credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) and include the IQAS assessment certificate as part of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest! All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.