New Job Building Operator, Level 1 In Alberta
|Building Operator, Level 1|
Building Operator, Level 1
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
About QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. Its assets under management total $67.1 billion. From its foundation in Canada as a full-service real estate operating company, QuadReal has expanded its capabilities to invest in equity and debt in both the public and private markets. QuadReal invests directly, via programmatic partnerships and through operating companies in which it holds an ownership interest.
QuadReal seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, Building Operator, Level 1 is an intermediate to senior building operations position responsible for providing advanced operation, inspection, repair, and maintenance. The primary objective of the Building Operator is to ensure that the assigned real estate portfolio is being managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner and to the highest level of operational and cost-efficiency.
- Be an active contributing member in regular team meetings to maximize engagement and communication within the team
- Respond to tenant service requests providing excellence in customer service
- Complete preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, lighting, and life safety systems.
- Have advanced knowledge of BMS, lighting, HVAC and boiler system operation and apply operational efficiency monitoring and improvements
- Assist with energy management targets and environmental impact reductions
- Assist contractors on the day-to-day maintenance and emergent repair of the assigned property
- Complete systematic architectural and mechanical inspections as assigned
- Take accurate readings on all utility meters and tenant submetering
- Take an active role in the building management (BMS) and fire life safety system operation
- Take lead on assigned projects
- Offer support, training and knowledge sharing to junior operators
- Complete work orders as assigned in Angus or QR Connect maintenance management work order systems.
- Remain current and up to date with new industry practices, legislative changes, and new technologies.
- Manage and respond to environmental risks and hazards
- Take an active role in ensuring the health and safety of all building occupants
- Must be able and willing to be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-out as required
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Qualifications - The Building Operator, Level 1 shall have the following technical qualifications or industry equivalency:
- Relevant industry facilities, operations, or trades experience with mechanical and architectural knowledge in a fast-paced customer service driven class AAA asset is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Office is required.
- Power Engineering 4th Class certificate is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a building operator position.
- Advanced BMS technical training and or experience is required. Siemens Desigo experience an asset.
- Technical Certificate or Red Seal tradesperson, RSE. would be desirable but not required.
Communication & Relationship Skills / Personal Character Traits- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written, with all levels within the company; mature and self-motivated team player who is committed to personal growth and ethical integrity.
Time Management / Working Environment - Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adaptable to new ideas and embrace changes; results and detail oriented; work within an environment that is subject to moderate to high levels of stress in emergency or conflict situations; on occasion requires involvement in repairs or maintenance in inclement weather or uncomfortable environmental working conditions; may be required to attend to or provide direction during after hours emergency situations; requires the ability to exert moderate physical effort and must be able to move quickly in emergency situations; is able to thrive within a busy working environment.
Organizational & Leadership Skills – Ensure operations records, files and documentation are maintained in an orderly, accurate and timely fashion; sound administrative and organizational skills.
Decision Making Skills - Ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; ability to achieve goals using logical and strategic approaches to resolving challengesQuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
QuadReal has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in our offices or sites. Accordingly, a successful candidate offered employment at QuadReal will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment, subject exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.