New Job Bookkeeper (Contract) In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $35–$55 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the CFO, the Bookkeeper is responsible for, all accounting functions within K&D (Inc.), such as, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliation, petty cash reconciliation expense entries and reconciliation, GST and all other financial obligations set fourth by the Canada Revenue Agency, Employment Standards Board, Family Services and Housing and any other provincial/federal regulatory body.
Our Clients Finance Summary
Our Clients finances are complex and requires experience and knowledge well beyond what would be needed for a typical medium sized business. That said, our Client is comprised of various service delivery programs which include, Supported Independent Living, Outreach and 24 hour Cluster Apartments. Each program and department has its own funding stream and funders that are determined by each participants proposal (excluding administration). Service delivery billing/invoicing is calculated and billed out as a daily per diem with a percentage for administration already worked into daily amount; this is done on a bi-weekly basis or as otherwise instructed.
Our Clients Service Delivery Programs
Our Clients service delivery programs provide exceptional person-centered support to young adults struggling with mental health or living with a cognitive disability through a variety of transitional living situations and programs that develop independent living skills.
With that being said, the agency’s service delivery programs include 24-hour shift-staffed apartment complexes and community outreach. Almost all of our Clients funding is provided under its Service Purchase Agreement with the Province of Manitoba’s Community Living disABILITY Services program; from time to time, smaller amounts may also be provided by a Regional Health Authority, school division or private funder. Each program department has its own separate budget and funding stream, as laid out in the funding proposals for the individuals supported in that department; invoices, usually generated once each month, are calculated from approved per diem amounts, which include an administration portion.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Criminal Record check.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a comparable accounting role with related formal education (certificate, diploma, degree or designation) with a minimum of 2 years of non-profit experience, or,
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a comparable accounting position with at least 3 years non-profit experience.
- Update and maintain departmental and consolidated financial statements, including aging reports and cash flow projections.
- Track and maintain vehicle payments and gas invoices for all programs.
- Reconcile, track, and replenish all programs petty cash expenditures.
- Enter all accounts payable and organize payment, being mindful of the organization’s cash flow projections.
- In coordination with the CFO, create bi-monthly invoices for all services provided and send to the appropriate funding agent.
- Track, maintain, and follow up all accounts receivable, reporting all accounts aged over 30 days to the CFO.
- Monitor and maintain in good standing all grocery, fuel, credit, lease, rent, and mortgage accounts.
- Remit all required remittances (GST, CPP, EI, provincial and federal taxes, WCB premiums, etc.)
- Maintain files on all lease agreements, contracts for services, SPAs, etc.
- Assists the CFO and Finance Committee in creating departmental and consolidated budgets.
- Assemble and submits required financial reporting to Province of Manitoba AASU department.
- Complete all payroll functions.
- Assist with completing Companies Office Annual Return of Information.
- Complete yearly GST reports.
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for annual audit.
- Compile and submit pension and benefit claims and payroll tax rebate claims to Province of Manitoba.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and their impacts upon the organization’s books of account (e.g. changes through CRA or WCB).
- Maintain an accurate and complete audit trail of supporting documentation for all financial and accounting activities.
- Prepare billing for review and approval by the CFO
- Maintain up-to-date, complete, and systematic files to support accounting and financial records.
- Update employee information when required (address changes, wage increases, etc.).
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the CFO.
This position is a contractor model. The selected contractor must perform their duties on site at our Clients head office using their accounting software and equipment - this is a requirement by the Province. Work schedule will be at the descretion of the contractor.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $35.00-$55.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- QuickBooks: 3 years (required)
- Bookkeeping: 7 years (required)
- non-profit: 3 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-05
Expected start date: 2023-02-13