New Job Auditor In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $61,604–$84,604 a year
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 36508
Ministry: Children's Services
Location: Various Locations throughout Alberta
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: January 17, 2023
Classification: Auditor Level 2
The Ministry of Children’s Services works to foster a society in which families are safe and resilient, individuals have sustainable employment, vulnerable Albertans have the supports they require, and no one is left behind. Children’s Services mission is to assist Albertans in creating the conditions for safe and supportive homes, communities and workplaces so they have opportunities to realize their full potential. Its core business is to work collaboratively with community partners to deliver citizen-centered programs and services that improve quality of life for Albertans. The ministry deals with topics that vary widely and addresses many of the issues people face across their life span. To find out more about our work visit:
Are you up to the challenge of providing value added Internal Audit services which assists all levels of management and the Executive Director and Senior Financial Officer in discharging their responsibilities, in particular as related to internal control and policy? If so, we have an opportunity that will satisfy your interest and lead you to a successful and rewarding career.
Internal Audit and Policy provides an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organizations operations. Internal Audit and Policy accomplishes its objective by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Auditor will work in conjunction with the Audit Supervisor, the auditor is responsible for:
- Planning, conducting and finalizing audits of selected (risk-based) programs within the ministry and external service providers, to evaluate compliance, effectiveness, economy and efficiency.
- Planning specific audit projects from the annual audit plan to meet the audit unit’s objectives.
- Perform Special assignments as requested to address a specific need that has been identified such as special reviews, advisory work, reviewing internal audit controls for new systems as well as post-implementation reviews.
- Assist Additional areas of finance such as external auditors, investigators and budget officers and accounting officers within the Government of Alberta.
- Maintain the Corporate Financial Policy Repository on-line for Ministry Access and the Divisions Web Page format and documentation.
- University graduation in a related field and eligible for enrollment in a recognized accounting program leading to an accounting designation such as CPA plus two years of audit experience or equivalent as described below.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience provided the candidate is enrolled and actively pursuing a recognized accounting designation such as CPA.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are actively enrolled in or have completed a professional accounting designation (CPA, or legacy CGA, CMA, CA).
- Preference will be given to candidates who have at least 1 year of professional auditing experience.
- Experience preparing comprehensive reports, analysis and schedules for a variety of clients across a large organization.
- Experience working in a client focused auditing or accounting environment.
- Experience working with applications related to internal auditing and accounting.
A cover letter outlining how your experience relates to Internal or External Auditing is required.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
This role requires the following competencies:
Creative Problem Solving:
- Ability to gather information from varied sources, analyze and interpret information to formulate reports and make decisions related to audit project planning.
- Ability to prioritize competing workload pressures in an effective manner and contribute to the organizational goals.
Drive for Results:
- Sets and accomplishes goals and priorities in order to deliver outcomes consistent with departmental objectives and directives.
Building Collaborative Environments:
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a variety of teams within the workplace, community and other Government ministries/agencies to meet client and ministry goals and objectives.
Ability to interact positively, build relationships and work effectively with others.
$2,360.34 to $3,241.54 biweekly ($61,604 to $84,604/year)
- This posting will be used to fill two (2) Permanent full-time Auditor positions, which can be located in the following offices: Edmonton, Calgary or Innisfail.
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Occasional travel will be required in the Auditor role as required by Audit Projects therefore, final candidates for this position will be asked to provide a current 5 - year Commercial Driver Abstract and a valid Class 5 License. Employees may also be required to use their own vehicles when government fleet vehicles are not available.
- Professional and/or academic reference checks,
- Criminal Record, and
- Provide a current 5-year Commercial Driver Abstract.
Initial costs associated with obtaining the above requirements are the responsibility of the applicants.
In your resume, please include dates (including months and years) associated with all education and work experience. Also, please indicate whether your work experience is casual, part-time or full-time. For example: January 15, 2006 - June 25, 2009: Assistant (PT three 8 hour shifts/week).
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer to prospective employees.
Working for the Alberta Public Service –
Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) –
Leadership and mentorship programs
Professional learning and development
Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Lori Casey at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check