New Job Attendance Management Consultant In Alberta
|Attendance Management Consultant|
Attendance Management Consultant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $35.51–$47.49 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
The Attendance Management Consultant is responsible for managing a consistent application of an attendance program for the Business Unit. Attendance Management efforts include administration of a formal Labour Relations Program, the Attendance Support Program, and associated attendance management responsibilities. Primary Duties include:
- Add, remove, and manage the confidential information pertaining to employees on the Chronic/Episodic Disability (CED) list as required.
- Manage timelines for CED employees to submit supporting medical documentation to the Corporate Health Consultant (CHC) for review annually.
- Initiate request for annual supporting medical and tracks timelines including documentation and accommodation requirements to ensure it is received as failure to provide documentation results in employer unable to accommodate the employee.
- Receive recommendations from the CHC following a medical review and issue the appropriate letter confirming or denying the CED submission.
- Provide coverage for leader to maintain timelines and responsibilities.
- Collaboratively monitor supervisor activity and provide compliance updates subject to activity due dates. Follow up with supervisors to complete attendance management efforts while meeting timelines.
- Provide information to supervisors seeking advice on attendance management concerns.
- Identify employees demonstrating absenteeism over the established threshold.
- Review all documentation submitted, file appropriately, and follow up on incomplete documentation.
- Schedule random drug tests for a 2-year period for employees who require one.
A completed 2 year diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field with at least 3 years of supervisory experience. The supervisory experience must include performance management responsibilities of staff.
Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
An understanding of the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 583 collective agreement is considered an asset.
Proficiency in PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) is considered an asset.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, diplomacy, and integrity are required.
Excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail.
Ability to work in a highly structured process and measurement-oriented environment.
An enhanced security clearance will be conducted.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Operational Services - Service Excellence
Position Type: Temporary (Up to 18 months)
Location: 1075, 7 Street S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 8 $35.51 - $47.49 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Audience: Internal and External
Apply By: February 8, 2023
Job ID #: 306773