New Job Assistant Manager, Security Operations Centre In Ontario
|Assistant Manager, Security Operations Centre|
Assistant Manager, Security Operations Centre
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 169747
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Manager, Security Operations Centre, the Assistant Manager will be responsible to lead their team in support of Scotiabank through the collection and dissemination of global real time and near real time information regarding emergencies, threats, vulnerabilities, incidents, and issues, to generate a common operating picture (COP) and overall situational awareness (SA) amongst key bank decision makers. They will be required to act, within established parameters, to implement measures to immediately respond to identified risks. This will also mitigate potentially catastrophic financial, operational, reputational, and physical risks to Scotiabank staff, customers, assets, and premises worldwide.
- Global Monitoring and Collection
- Oversee the monitoring, collection and compilation of real time and near real time information through open-source media, alarm systems, access control systems, CTV, internal sources and reporting to identify issues which may impact the Bank.
- Analyze identified issues and disseminate findings to create a common operating picture and situational awareness to key stakeholders.
- Use established criteria to categorize and process low to medium complexity information of relevance to security risk.
- Disseminate information through verbal and written incident notifications and summary reports.
- The accuracy and thoroughness of this reporting will be relied upon by Senior Bank staff to make critical decisions, and by other bank departments to initiate and support their response to incidents.
- High Value High Risk Facilities
- Oversee live monitoring and access control for global High Value High Risk facilities through CCTV, access control systems, alarm systems and internal reporting.
- Record and report exceptions to ensure best practice and compliance with applicable regulations (i.e., SOX).
- Rapidly respond to alarms, engage and direct security staff and police while initiating the response of other Scotiabank departments to minimize and mitigate risk.
- Conduct initial investigations of issues identified using applicable systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting potentially complex system faults and report irresolvable issues.
- Access Control
- Through the programming and maintenance of physical access control systems and associated databases, ensure a safe and secure environment for staff in designated facilities while safeguarding the bank’s protected information and assets following established procedures.
- Conduct initial investigations of issues identified using applicable systems and direct appropriate response to the identified risks.
- Independently troubleshoot potentially complex system faults and report irresolvable issues.
- Photo Retrieval
- Support Scotiabank with the use of video retrieval systems to prepare images and video for use by internal customers (Investigations, Fraud Deterrence, others) and external partners (law enforcement agencies, BCPIF members), to mitigate potential financial and reputational loss.
- Required to troubleshoot potentially complex system faults and report irresolvable issues.
- Expatriate and Traveler Security
- Track and report on the international movement of Canadian based Scotiabank staff worldwide, to provide them with detailed information on security threats and potential travel disruptions that will allow them to mitigate risks.
- Equipment and Guard Coordination
- Oversee the coordination of the installation and maintenance of security systems (CCV, alarm systems, access control, GPS packs, vaults, night depositories, locks, etc.) with guidance from Security Solutions.
- Respond to criminal attacks against Executive residences, bank premises, assets, customers, and staff through the coordination of security guards.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
Education and Work Experience:
- Experience in Critical Incident Management, Security, Law Enforcement, Financial Services, Dispatching, Call Centre, Customer Service or Information Technology is required.
- 1-3 years of experience managing people and teams
- High degree of fluency in English required; French/Spanish desirable.
- Experience with Incident Management Systems (IMS 100 & 200) and Basic Emergency Management (BEM) is desirable
- College diploma or University degree in security, law or law enforcement preferred
- This role functions in a standard office environment that is operational 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Will be required to work rotational 12-hour shifts including nights and weekends
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.