New Job Assistant Lifeguard – 2023 Summer Ministry Team In Yukon
|Assistant Lifeguard – 2023 Summer Ministry Team|
Assistant Lifeguard – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $16.50 an hour
Location : Yukon
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Oversee and assist with all aspects of water-based activities.
This is a fixed term position at 40 hours per week. There is one available position.
Start Date: July 3, 2023
End Date: August 25, 2023
- Be available as needed for lifeguard duties
- Be familiar with pool equipment and take responsibility for its maintenance under the direction of the Maintenance Manager
- Ensure that recommendations for needed supplies are directed to the Maintenance Manager in a prompt manner
- Ensure that pool is opened 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pool times and as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Broaden the interests of the campers and be innovative in offering swimming
- Assist with swimming proficiency testing on the first day of each camp and assign the appropriate wrist lanyard to each camper
- Plan and facilitate options at the pool as required
- Keep accurate records, reporting as required
- Ensure that inventory of the pool equipment and supplies are taken at the beginning of camp and on an ongoing basis throughout the summer camping season
- Inventory, label and store all pool activity equipment and supplies.
- Ensure ongoing cleanliness of pool buildings, including broiler room
- Participate in camp cleanup at the end of each camp
- Ensure living accommodations are kept clean and tidy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Lifeguarding certification - Bronze Cross
- Be flexible and have a good disposition.
- Work within the total camp program and cooperate with other staff members.
- Perform any task beyond those assigned as required.
- To attend all staff devotions and meetings (unless excused by the DCYS’)
- Maintain a responsible level of maturity and leadership.
- Be familiar with Summer Staff Manual, and all procedures and resources.
- To be loyal to the aims, policies, and regulations of the camp.
- All staff are required to be in their private quarters by 11:00 pm each night
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.