|Assistant Cook – 2023 Summer Ministry Team|
Assistant Cook – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $17 an hour
Location : Yukon
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Assist the Head Cook in preparation of meals and overall operation of kitchen.
This is a fixed term position at 40 hours per week. There is one available position.
Start Date: July 3, 2023
End Date: August 25, 2023
- Assist the Head Cook in preparing meals according to the menus provided
- Share responsibility for practicing economy in the use of food
- Adhere to the scheduled times for food service
- Assist the Head cook in receiving, checking, and storing food orders
- Assist in the constant cleanliness and sanitation of freezers, walk-in fridges, stove and food preparation surfaces
- At the end of the summer camping season, assist the Head Cook in making an inventory of supplies and food. In addition, prepare all food supplies for storage.
- Assist with supervision of kitchen support staff in the kitchen to ensure all standards and safety measures are followed.
- Participate in camp cleanup at the end of each camp with emphasis on the cleanliness of kitchen
- Attend all staff devotions (unless excused by the DCYS’)
- Ensure living accommodations are kept clean and tidy
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have FoodSafe certification.
- Be flexible and have a good disposition
- Work within the total camp program and cooperate with other staff members
- Be loyal to the aims, policies, and regulations of the camp
- Maintain a responsible level of maturity and leadership
- Be familiar with Summer Staff Handbook, and all procedures and resources.
- Perform any task beyond those assigned as required.
- All Staff are required to be in their private quarters by 11:00 pm each night
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.