New Job Administrator Community Growth & Investment In Alberta
|Administrator Community Growth & Investment|
Administrator Community Growth & Investment
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $29.72–$32.76 an hour
Location : Alberta
February 5, 2023
People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy
The Town of Okotoks is a progressive organization; offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centres assists us in providing exceptional customer service.
The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution” which empowers employees to focus on organizational outcomes and supports a high performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Administrator to join our Community Growth & Investment (CGI) team. The Administrator is responsible for providing a range of administrative support services to the Community Growth & Investment team; assisting with planning and business licensing processes, Certificate of Compliance processes, coordinating invoices, and PO’s, responding to general planning and economic development inquiries, preparing correspondence and general administration.
Reporting to the Community Growth & Investment Manager, the Administrator is responsible for:
- Answering general planning and economic development questions on behalf of the business centre or triage where needed;
- Prepare and coordinate materials for distribution to clients and contacts;
- Provide preliminary assessments of Business License applications, Certificates of Compliance, Encroachment Agreements, and maintain databases and/or tracking systems for same;
- Provide assistance with circulation, follow-ups, and account administration;
- Various research projects relating to Planning and Economic Development;
- General administration responsibilities and providing supporting to team members;
- Ensuring records management in CGI complies with Town RMS Policy;
- Cross-train and provide back-up to counterparts;
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
What You Bring
- Business Administration Certificate or Diploma. Post-secondary courses in related field are an assett;
- 3 or more years related work experience representing continuous learning and career progression;
- Equivalency of education and experience may be considered;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong customer service aptitude;
- Attential to detail, time mangement;
- Team player and collaboration;
- Discretion and confidnetiality;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Experience with Cityworks or similar software will be considered an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Career development
- So much more!
Candidates who progress to final stages of the recruitment process will be required to provide proof of education and designation along with a favorable criminal record check and possibly a driver’s abstract depending on the position.
Business Centre Community Growth & Investment
Position Type 12 month term
Compensation $29.72-32.76 per hour
Hours of Work 37.5 hours per week
Number of Openings 1
Police Record Check Required Yes
Deadline to Apply February 5, 2023
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume online through the Apply Now option by the closing date listed. We will not be able to accept late applications.
The Town of Okotoks is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $29.72-$32.76 per hour