New Job Administrative Support, Cdip In Ontario
|Administrative Support, CDIP|
Administrative Support, CDIP
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Administrative Support, Chronic Disease & Injury Prevention (CDIP)
Health Services - CDIP
(1) Regular Full Time
(1) Contract Full Time, 13 month contract
This position provides administrative support to the supervisor, staff, and programs (Healthy Smiles Ontario Program and Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program) on a designated team in CDIP, assisting in supporting administrative duties for the division; and providing assistance to internal and external clients as required.
What you will do in this role:
- Provide Customer Service and assist with scheduling meetings; including booking rooms, equipment, preparing agendas, and recording minutes
- Format letters, memos, and other documents as required
- Order, track, and organize supplies, program materials and resources for the team
- Organize, maintain, and update team files, client charts, and mailing lists; prepares files for archiving as per regional policy
- Coordinate large mail-outs with internal and external clients
- Respond to service requests from internal and external clients
- Perform data entry and report retrieval related to health programs using specialized software (i.e. Microsoft Access, OHISS, HRMS)
- Orient, train, and coordinate new staff to team procedures, administrative processes, EIM, and team-specific software and/or databases
- Track and process invoices, collate billing information, reconcile team budget
- Assist with the planning and coordination of workshops and events, including researching venues, monitoring budget, organizing A/V equipment, registering participants, and managing a waitlist
- Book and manage appointments and provide reception for clients in health programs
- Maintain and handle confidential client information
- Assist in supporting administrative duties for the division (e.g., handling internal mail and fax distribution; ordering and maintaining divisional forms and supplies; overseeing equipment cabinet; ordering service repairs for MFDs other equipment; handling building maintenance issues, etc.)
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned that support the mandate of the health team(s) and division
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and pro-actively managing bias
What the role requires:
- Secondary school graduate
- A minimum of one (1) year general office experience in a related field (e.g. Business Administration, Database Management, Medical office records)
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft HRMS and Microsoft Excel is an asset
Location: In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
Hours of work: 8:30am-4:30pm – Monday through Friday.
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ , or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated , a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected].
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.