New Job Administrative Assistant, Director'S Office - Amendment In Alberta
|Administrative Assistant, Director's Office - AMENDMENT|
Administrative Assistant, Director's Office - AMENDMENT
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will report to the Executive Advisor and will be responsible for managing the day-to-day support to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and are nimble in adapting to quickly changing priorities, able to work both independently and in a team environment. Your sound knowledge of City business, combined with exceptional judgment, critical thinking, ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism would enable you to be a key contributor and valued team member. Primary duties include:
Act as a first point of contact and liaison, on the telephone, via e-mail and in person, between the CHRO and Council, senior leaders, unions, other internal and external partners, and citizens.
Maximize effectiveness of the CHRO’s time and capacity by arranging and coordinating meetings, managing meeting resources, and collaborating with partners to resolve calendar conflicts while preparing and compiling material for meetings that the CHRO attends.
Help to support complex/sensitive matters such as labour relations, corporate requests, ad hoc reporting and access to employee information.
Collaborate with other HR administrative staff to support continuous improvement activities that optimize business operations, support employee health and wellness, and build a positive culture of accountability.
Prepare letters, reports, presentations, and various forms of correspondence with an extremely high level of speed, accuracy and confidentiality.
Provide day-to-day administrative support, including but not limited to attending various meetings to take minutes, records management, financial management (including expense tracking and credit card statements), and recruitment business case coordination.
Provide support to the Respectful Workplace Office, the HR Management Team, and to other HR administrative staff as required to ensure sufficient coverage.
- A completed 1 year certificate/diploma in business, office administration or a related field and at least 4 years senior administrative experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft 365 suite of technology (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Teams) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience working in Human Resources in a large/complex unionized organization will be considered an asset.
- Experience with e-scribe meeting software, LiveLink, PeopleSoft FSCM/HCM (or other document management systems) will be considered assets.
- Demonstrated experience working in confidential and sensitive work environments.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail, exercise sound judgment to make independent decisions, ability to deal with ambiguity, and employing critical thinking.
- Strong team player that can also work independently, while maintaining a high level of initiative and engagement.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and confidently while maintaining customer service, confidentiality and discretion.
- Equivalent combinations of experience/education may be considered.
- Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Human Resources
Position Type: 1 Temporary (up to 18 months)
Location: 800 Macleod Trail SE
Compensation: Level B 51,785 - 77,066 per annum
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week earning 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: January 20, 2023
Job ID #: 306697