New Job Administrative Assistant In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $3,332–$3,811 a month
Location : Manitoba
AY3 Administrative Secretary
OCME, Corporate and Strategic Services
Advertisement Number: 40547
Salary(s): AY3 $1,666.05 - $1,905.30 bi-weekly
Closing Date: February 20, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) investigates unexpected deaths and cases when the cause of death is not immediately known or when the death is the result of violence due to an accident, suicide, or homicide. The Manitoba Fatality Inquiries Act gives the Chief Medical Examiner the responsibility for the investigation of all unexpected and violent deaths occurring in the Province. Medical doctors throughout Manitoba are appointed as Medical Examiners and carry out investigations on behalf of the Chief Medical Examiner's Office. They are assisted in their investigation by medical examiner investigators or police officers.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- Successful completion of an Administrative Assistant Program, with significant related experience performing a full range of administrative support duties, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), using the Internet, Adobe Pro, or equivalent applications.
- Experience dealing with confidential information and using discretion in handling private and sensitive material.
- Experience preparing and reviewing formal documentation, including forms, letters and memos according to various policies, Acts, regulations or legislation.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy of work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the government, external agencies and the general public.
- Ability to work co-operatively and constructively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with, medical terminology.
- Knowledge of The Fatality Inquiries Act, The Vital Statistics Act, The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and other related legislation.
- Experience dealing with grieving family members or people who have experienced recent or traumatic loss.
Provides secretarial, administrative, and general support to the Director and other members of the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Maintains or updates spreadsheets/databases daily. This is an extremely responsible position, where the consequences of minor or major errors can seriously affect the credibility and operational capability of the office. The incumbent must be capable of communicating daily with all levels of government and the private sector, in particular grieving relatives who must be dealt with in a kind and compassionate manner. The complexity of the position is such that proper decisions must be made expeditiously and accurately, especially when providing direction related to inquiries. This position has an above average stress factor as deadlines and high priority situations are a normal part of the day to day functions. Prepares correspondence, insurance documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and memos as required. Documents must be of high quality as they may be used for court purposes. Reports to the Director.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.