New Job Winter Equipment Operator/Labourer - Term In Alberta
|WINTER EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/LABOURER - TERM|
WINTER EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/LABOURER - TERM
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
As one of the fastest growing cities in Alberta, the City of Airdrie is a recognized leader in building a vibrant and sustainable community through innovation.
At the City of Airdrie, incredible opportunities happen every day in a flexible work environment that is tailored to each department. Our inclusive culture and values create a workplace where we welcome aspiring, driven and creative individuals to help us accomplish our business and community goals. We are supportive of one another, and we have fun while we serve our community. We are passionate about improving the lives of our residents through care and respect; that is the foundation of our organization. At the City of Airdrie, we learn, grow and accomplish great things together.
If you have a passion for building a better community and are ready to join the excitement, we’d love to hear from you!
The Roads department is looking to fill a full time term (tentative start date is January 9, 2023 to April 14, 2023).
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Safely operate various pieces of heavy equipment which may include 1-7 ton axle trucks with winter attachments and loaders
- Perform municipal roadway maintenance including road and sidewalk snow and ice control
- Completion of grade 12 or GED
- Must have a valid Class 3Q (or Class 1) motor vehicle licence (candidates without the applicable licence will not be considered)
- First Aid certification would be considered an asset
- Experience with a loader would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to operate equipment safely and effectively in all conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to complete various physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions
- Physical capability to perform the job duties required
Competitive compensation and the following benefits:
- EAP (employee assistance program)
- Annual adult Genesis Place pass
We believe connection and culture are the keys to our customer service. We do this through continuous learning, regular team building, and organizational social events so all employees have the knowledge to provide excellence in service to our community.
This is a full time term position with a tentative start date of January 9, 2023 to April 14, 2023.
This term position requires various physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions and the ability to work a compressed work week, which includes nights and weekends during the winter season (7 day shifts, 5:30am to 5:30pm - 7 off - 7 night shifts, 5:30pm to 5:30am - 7 off).
Candidates are invited to apply online.
Postings close at 9 p.m. on the closing date listed in the posting. We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications.
Please review the job competition carefully and be sure to attach any specifically requested documentation in the My Documents section of your application.
Interviewing and hiring may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie.
Job Type: Full-time