New Job Special Events Crew, On-Call In Alberta
|Special Events Crew, On-Call|
Special Events Crew, On-Call
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $15.50–$18.00 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. The City offers unique, diverse jobs and a variety of work locations. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
This is a wonderful opportunity for gaining experience working within and learning understanding the systems of working with the City. As a Special Events Crew member, you will be responsible for working behind the scenes of the many special events that The City of Calgary is involved in including the City of Calgary’s Canada Day, the City of Calgary’s New Year’s Eve Fireworks, and many more. Primary duties include:
- Work as part of a team, under the direction of a Special Events Crew Chief, to set up and take down special event equipment. These various physical tasks include but are not limited to the construction and disassembly of tents and stages.
- Adhere to safety standards and ensure equipment is set up to specifications.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients and partners by assessing and fulfilling their needs through on the ground consultation.
- Work onsite in parks and venues around the city with other City staff and partners.
- Perform inventory counts and prepare materials for events.
- Maintain inventory items under the direction of a Special Events Crew Chief.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- The following are considered to be assets:
- Current Standard First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) level "C", and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications;
- Current Fall Protection certification;
- Experience in event industry;
- A valid Class 5 Driver's License (or provincial equivalent) and access to a personal vehicle for business use;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
- The ability to take direction, learn procedures quickly and have sound safety judgement and problem solving abilities.
Working Conditions: These positions work mainly outdoors in all types of weather conditions and require repetitive heavy lifting (up to a maximum of 50lbs). Lifting includes heavy objects like tent frames, stage decks or fence panels.
- A valid security clearance must be provided. Date of completion must be within the last 12 months.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Applicants may be contacted, interviewed, and hired throughout the duration of this competition.
Union: Non-Union/Code 86
Business Unit: Parks and Open Spaces
Position Type: Up to 30 On-call positions
Compensation: $15.50 - $18.00 per hour
Days of Work: This position works various days of the week including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
Hours of work: On call hours will vary based on operational requirements.
Apply By: January 3, 2023
Job ID #: 306669