New Job Senior Software Developer In Manitoba
|Senior Software Developer|
Senior Software Developer
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of Corporate Application Services, the Senior Software Developer assumes responsibility for independently undertaking small and medium projects for the development, support, and operation of information systems or participates on large size projects to develop and implement the information systems required.
Flexible work arrangements may be available under Administrative Standard AS-018 - Flexible Workplace; subject to review and approval.
As the Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Responsible for delivering high quality work products throughout the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Design small to medium information systems.
- Develop (constructs) information systems with highest quality and on schedule to meet customers’ needs.
- Develop and support C#, VB.NET, JQuery, and ASP.NET applications using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Producing accurate and complete documentation throughout the SDLC.
- Keeping supervisor and / or team leader up to date on your progress.
- Maintain and support existing information system technologies.
- Perform related duties consistent with the classification as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- A university degree or community college diploma related to Software Engineering or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years progressive experience in an application systems development and/or maintenance environment.
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architectures.
- Four years’ experience with the skill sets listed below;
- MS SQL Server and/or Oracle database
- Experience with creating reusable API.
- Experience with learning new technologies, business rules, .NET based frameworks and design methodologies.
- Ability to work with and manipulate data found in various formats.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholders and the general public.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholders and the general public.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement in fast paced, and often, stressful conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with colleagues. Ability to provide technical guidance and mentor junior staff.
- Ability to analyze customer requirements to design and develop a solution to meet the business need.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory would be an asset.
- Experience with: Angular, SignalR, .NET Core, Kendo UI, GIT, NuGet Packages, TDD, VB.NET, ASP.NET, VBScript ,Crystal Reports, ASP, VB6, Python, PowerShell, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, XML, AJAX, Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server environment, DEVOPS and CI/CD, Docker, Azure would be assets.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense.
- Ability to perform on-call and occasional off-hours work is required.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented