New Job Property Development And Project Manager In Saskatchewan
|Property Development and Project Manager|
Property Development and Project Manager
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $95,474–$112,059 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Land Development
Department: Saskatoon Land
Term: 1 Permanent Full Time position(s) available.
Closing Date: 12/27/2022
Labour Group: SCMMA
This position is responsible for the planning, design, and construction phasing of complex real estate development projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages assigned staff; hires, assigns work schedules, assesses current staffing needs, participates in succession planning, identifies and pursues other resources if necessary and performs layoff and recall. Plans and approves staff development. Conducts performance management and, when required, disciplinary action.
- Administers all aspects of real estate related projects involving acquisition and/or leasing of land and buildings, development and/or renovation of improvements, infill land redevelopment, and any other real estate related projects.
- Manages consultant contracts and construction projects, prepares tenders and requests for proposals, resolves issues with contract staff, and ensures that all projects are completed within budget and on time.
- Negotiates on behalf of Saskatoon Land to secure property acquisitions, leases, land exchanges, easements, and any other real estate related requirements to support future City growth and/or expansion of infrastructure.
- Identifies and evaluates emerging market trends and planning strategies in property development with particular focus on infill redevelopment, increasing density and sustainability, and transit oriented development to meet Corporate and Departmental objectives.
- Prepares annual capital budget submission for real estate development projects.
- Prepares and presents reports and recommendations related to real estate projects and initiatives.
- Develops and maintains liaison with other agencies, the general public, contractors and other civic departments in the course of planning and implementing land development projects.
- Assists in the planning and preparation of multi-year corporate objectives and related capital requirements for land acquisition and real estate related property development.
- Assists in the development and implementation of real estate policies and procedures.
- Leads in the provision of corporate real estate services and serves as a liaison with all civic departments and external approving authorities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in business real estate, planning, engineering or related field.
- Possession of the Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) designation from the Appraisal Institute of Canada, or full Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) and the Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute, or registered as a Professional Engineer, in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
- Four to six years’ progressively responsible valuation, engineering or planning experience, including three years in real estate development functions including property development, project management, land/building acquisition and leasing and land development,
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.Demonstrated ability to work within and maintain a highly confidential environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, standards and practices related to urban land development including the Land Titles System, the legal subdivision process and property development processes.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant municipal bylaws and provincial statutes.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and financial procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with assigned staff, industry professionals, related external agencies, and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including the ability to prepare and present reports.
- Ability to direct and supervise the work of professional and technical support staff.
- Ability to manage and resolve complex issues within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Skill in the use of a computer using the Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $95,473.92 to $112,058.88 CAD per annum (2022 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].