New Job Procurement Specialist In Alberta
Company : Bantrel Co.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
In this role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
The Procurement Specialist performs tasks involved in the formation and administration of Purchase Orders (POs). They exercise judgement in performing assigned tasks consistent with the development of skills as determined by the assigned supervisor. They communicate with suppliers and personnel within Bantrel to establish clear definition of PO requirements.
The Procurement Specialist supports Bantrel’s Vision by demonstrating Bantrel’s Values, and Covenants in all functional, company wide, client and third-party interactions and communications.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for ensuring Bantrel’s goals and objectives are met.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs project activities involved with bidding, evaluating and committing Purchase Orders (POs) and PO administration including:
- Preparation and maintenance of bidder’s lists
- Issuing RFPs
- Negotiating to obtain preferred pricing, terms and conditions to the greatest extent possible
- Reviewing bid tabulations for accuracy
- Preparing POs and executing PO commitments within delegated signing authority and obtains signatures that require higher authority
- Developing and maintaining pro forma documents, including legal comments to commercial terms and conditions
- Ensuring project purchasing activities are consistent with Bantrel Policies and Procedures
- Directing negotiations to obtain preferred pricing, terms and conditions to the greatest extent possible
- Coordinating purchasing operations in control and support offices, and providing guidance to project jobsite personnel
- Monitoring the Material Requisition Status Sheet to ensure milestone dates are being met
- Monitoring milestone status to ensure supplier engineering, fabrication and shipments are meeting the project schedule dates
- Ensuring that changes, claims and disputes are satisfactorily resolved and required approvals are on file
- Ensuring PO revisions are being processes in a timely manner
- Ensuring PO close outs are completed in a timely manner
- Experience in EPC or related industries in function of Procurement, Engineering or Construction.
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Law, Engineering or Construction Management is an asset
- Knowledge of international Procurement.
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work culture and champion the Vision, Values and Covenants by leading by example.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity and a high degree of Emotional Intelligence.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with Stakeholders including Clients, Senior Leaders, and frontline employees.
- Brings a team-centric approach that is supportive and encouraging.
- Can manage shifting priorities while maintaining deliverable deadlines.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.