New Job Procurement Specialist In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $78,000–$116,900 a year
Location : Ontario
The Procurement team is a global leader among public sector entities in the formulation, planning and delivery of procurement services for complex capital and non-capital mandates. We work hand-in-hand with other shared service, project delivery and strategic functions within Infrastructure Ontario (IO) to advance procurement strategies and execute solutions. Our focus is to ensure value for Ontario taxpayers by responding to market developments and stakeholder priorities with a commitment to strategic, process and creative excellence.
The Procurement Specialist role is an exciting opportunity to utilize a combination of Public procurement, strategy, analysis, commercial acumen and technical knowledge as we continue to increase the strategic focus of the procurement team as a value adding partner.
What You Will Do:
- Execute the procurement process for IO and act as an advisor to IO business units and external government clients by providing guidance and advice on procurement approaches and processes
- Contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of IO's procurement framework, standards and processes, and
- Execute procurements for all IO business lines, including commercial advisory mandates, as well as P3 and direct delivery capital project mandates
Who We’re Looking For:
- The successful candidate will have a few years of relevant experience for either a public procuring authority or a private sector company (i.e.: consulting or advisory services) within large capital project procurements;
- The ability to understand business issues quickly, exercise good judgment in providing timely and practical procurement advice, work effectively at all levels of the organization, and clearly communicate complex procurement issues in a way that can be understood by business units and other stakeholders
- Experience in RFx development and procurement processes, which may include detailed understanding of development of scope documentation
- Experience in procuring or responding to Negotiated RFPs is an asset.
- Experience in construction, real estate, facilities management, and/or public-private partnerships (P3) or alternative financing and procurement (AFP) projects is an asset
- Understanding of business administration/commerce, law, engineering, architecture, construction, economics or social science is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail to successfully manage multiple projects at different phases to meet strict deadlines.
The salary range for this position is $78,000 – $116,900, with a corresponding job level of P4.
Closing date: Sunday, January 8, 2023.
Please note that interviews will occur on a rolling basis until both roles are filled.
At Infrastructure Ontario, we strive to create a culture that encourages a diverse equitable and inclusive environment that fosters belonging. We believe that experience comes in many forms and through learning from each others’ differences and perspectives gives us strength. We are committed to enhancing our culture and encourage applications from all walks of life. Let us know if you require any accommodations for the selection process, by contacting the Talent Acquisition Team.
By submitting your application you are granting Infrastructure Ontario permission to process your personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Infrastructure Ontario may share your personal data internally to appropriate persons involved in the recruitment process and to third parties where there is an administrative or lawful basis for doing so. Provided that Infrastructure Ontario does not have any lawful reason to continue processing your personal data, you may make a formal request to rectify, erase or restrict (the processing of) your personal data.