New Job Practicum Coordinator In Manitoba
Company : Robertson College
Salary : $18–$30 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Robertson - School of New Work
Our vision is for everyone to have a good life through a prosperous and fulfilling career. Robertson’s mission is to empower our students with the most relevant training and up-to-date industry insights to thrive in a modern work environment.
The Robertson team assists both during and after graduation to ensure students have the tools they need to succeed in a new career. Robertson team members are guides for our students on their career path as they navigate their college and educational experiences during their time at Robertson.
As a Practicum Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting students to secure meaningful practicum placement experiences at the College. Reporting to the Vice-President, Product and Operations, the Practicum Coordinator combines strategic thinking and strong execution skills to oversee the practicum placement and procurement process.
- Coaching and providing guidance to students to ensure they are equipped with the skills and information required to conduct themselves professionally during their practicum placement.
- Maintaining clear communication and engagement with practicum sites; building strong relationships with industry stakeholders.
- Arranging practicum placements, processing time sheets/evaluations, and providing support for both the student and host site during a placement.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and partnerships with a wide range of practicum placement hosts in public and private sectors.
- Researches and recommends appropriate agencies/organizations that would meet the educational requirements to host practicum for Robertson College students.
- Delivers a 100% practicum placement rate.
- Provides guidance to students during the search for suitable practicum placements including strategies to secure such placements.
- Researches program-related sectors and stays updated on industry trends to help identify and grow the opportunities available for practicum placements.
- Execute regular statistical reports of day-to-day activities and outcomes.
- Perform other departmental duties and participates in special projects as assigned (such as reporting, student success initiatives, etc).
- 1-2 years of work experience within a business and/or post-secondary education setting; a general or specific understanding of careers within healthcare, community service, business and technology is an asset.
- Genuine interest in serving as a mentor/guide and advocate for our students to graduate from their college programs.
- Entry-level experience in employment readiness coaching
- Passion and ability to promote Robertson students to potential practicum hosts/employer partners.
- Knowledgeable about the Canadian labour market (our students reside in various locations throughout the country)
- An understanding of the needs of a diverse student population and how to interact effectively with a multicultural student body and team
- Strong communication skills, relationship building and customer service skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed; objective-oriented with a high-level attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multitask, prioritize work and coordinate tasks in order to meet end results in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer and digital literacy skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB