New Job Persons With Disability Recruitment -Bilingual Administrative Opportunities In Ontario
|PERSONS WITH DISABILITY RECRUITMENT -Bilingual Administrative opportunities|
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY RECRUITMENT -Bilingual Administrative opportunities
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $50,821–$61,379 a year
Location : Ontario
AS-01, CR-04, CR-05
$50,821 to $61,379
For further information on the organization, please visit Transport Canada
Interested in some tips on how to apply for this job? Check out this video!
Closing date: 9 January 2023 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: You must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
Persons residing within a 60 kilometer radius of Transport Canada 330 Sparks St, Ottawa (Ontario)
ANDOpen to: Members of the following Employment Equity group: persons with disabilities
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
A person with a physical, mental, intellectual, cognitive, sensory, learning or communication impairment, or a functional limitation, whether apparent or not, and permanent, temporary or episodic in nature, that hinders their full and equal participation in society when they face a barrier.
TRANSPORT CANADA: A SMART CAREER MOVE!
Transport Canada (TC) employs over 6,000 talented and motivated employees working in the Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario, Prairie and Northern, Pacific Regions, and at the National Headquarters in Ottawa. We strive to serve the public interest through the promotion of a safe and secure, efficient and environmentally responsible transportation system in Canada.
TC was named one of Canada’s top employers in 2020 by Forbes!
We are an employer that fosters employee well-being, provides an open and respectful workplace, competitive benefits and we support balancing your work and private life by offering the benefits of flexible work arrangements.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to establish a pool of qualified candidates for future needs. The pool may be used to staff similar positions on a permanent (indeterminate) or temporary basis (specified period or casual employment).
The immediate need is to staff positions located at 330 Sparks in Ottawa, ON.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
A covering letter "Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter (approximately 500 words) how they meet the Education and Experience (essential and assets) factors. The cover letter may be used to evaluate the ability to communicate effectively in writing."
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- A secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience providing administrative support services within an office environment.
- Experience managing conflicting priorities and meeting operational deadlines.
- Experience using spreadsheet software, word processing software and an electronic mail system.
- Demonstrating Integrity and Respect
- Thinking Things Through
- Working Effectively with Others
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
- Note that this selection process will use the Public Service Commission's (PSC) Second language evaluation - Unsupervised Internet Tests (SLE UIT). Once the advertisement has closed, you will be invited to complete the Unsupervised tests of written expression and of reading comprehension for the level B IF you do not already have valid Second Language Evaluation (SLE) results. You are responsible for checking your email and PSRS account for the invitation to complete the applicable test (s) within the established timeframe.
Information on language requirements
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Experience maintaining a tracking or follow-up system.
- Experience in preparing financial documents.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.